Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

6 speed exhaust.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 speed exhaust.

A photo for those who have not seen it.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 AM

Default RE: 6 speed exhaust.

still too restricted...for me at least....aftermarket! its a goodstock exhaust though..
Old 01-01-2009, 08:53 AM

I agree...too restricted. However for stock it is nice. Certainly alot better than the one on my Auto!!! From the sound clips I have heard of the 6 speeds they sound pretty good. Any plans on modifying it?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:41 AM

The wildest mod I had planned was to add OEM. 20 inch wheels and tires.
The dealer was tring real hard to sell me the Mopar Cat back exhaust which he said was made by Corsa. Is anyone using the Mopar/Corsa cat back?
Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Corsa is very good, but very expensive. You can probably save money by ordering it and installing it yourself....it is not difficult. I installed mine (Magnaflow) in about 2 hours by myself. Lightning Performance has the Corsa for $1370 with free shipping (for the 6 speed). That is the cheapest I seen the corsa but other board members may know of a better price.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:43 PM

Did the magnaflow exhaust help or make it loud.
ORIGINAL: 10secDodge

Corsa is very good, but very expensive. You can probably save money by ordering it and installing it yourself....it is not difficult. I installed mine (Magnaflow) in about 2 hours by myself. Lightning Performance has the Corsa for $1370 with free shipping (for the 6 speed). That is the cheapest I seen the corsa but other board members may know of a better price.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

Did the magnaflow exhaust help or make it loud.
ORIGINAL: 10secDodge

I wanted my car loud...so I am very happy with it. On the general board I posted a link to a video of it. I think the Corsa is for people that want the car somewhat loud, with no drone. I wanted the most HP I could get for the smallest $. I am very happy...but it's like everything, people have their own opinion.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:22 PM

I think the original mufflers are fine........
I think they are loud enough with my 6 speed
How load do we really need them?
I can see if there was no muffler noise
Old 01-02-2009, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel the sound of the 6-speed mimics the 70 440-4 bbl as close as i have heard any car sound. Drive or ride in a spirited trip up the road and then grab your Vanishing point DVD and tune into the place where the cops are chasing K towards Nevada right after the Jag crashes. I tell you its almost the same sound. Its sweet music to my ears.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM

Today, I added Flowmaster super 44's, installed an x pipe, and had the resno's taken off. The sound is awesome! The guy added straight pipes where the resno's were and welded back the tips. All for around 500 bucks. The system is so unrestrictive now and it has that low mean growl at idle I wanted. Lots more power and you can feel the thunder under your feet when you kick it. The back end almost got sideways when I punch it on a back road. I highly recommend this set up if you're on a budget (like me) but want a nice upgrade for less.

Quick Reply: 6 speed exhaust.