Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Dealer Issues

Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Issues

Anyone else had any dealer issues? When I started looking at the Challenger I immediately went to the dealer I have bought all my dodge vehicles from. The Challengers were few at best and they didn't have what I was looking for at the time. My local dealer had some and contacted me about the one I bought from them. I'll be very clear I disliked this dealership but they sold me on that had changed. The relationship I had with my other dealer was the best I could ever have. The dealer that I bought the Challenger had cost me some serious cash with the V10 in my truck. Their service dept lacked common sense. This morning I took it in for the first oil change and some other work and they offered me their POS loaner. I laughed at them, declined their loaner and decided to call back and talk with the Sales mgr. After asking him to remind me what I bought from them I asked if it was too much to offer me something comparable to what I bought from them as a loaner when needed. He got quite pissy so I ended the call.

I can't believe my stupidity to go to them, and don't believe they will be touching my Challenger ever again.

Are there any dealers out there that actually give a crap about us after they get our 40+K?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Dealer Issues

Yes DarkCorner,
There are still some dealerships that care. I've been shopping with BZ Motors in Lewisburg, PA for 11-12 years now. They have had the same sales crew for years (turnover is always a bad sign) and my wife and I always deal with the same guy. They treat us like GOLD. I/we have always left there with the deal we wanted/expected. We have only had 1 or two minor issues with them over the years, but they always cooperate to get things resolved to our satisfaction. And get this... even if we have had a service issue, our sales guy gets involved and takes the reins on our behalf. I was a Pontiac guy for many years and after I bought my first Dodge truck in 1998, we keep going back (my wife likes Jeep SUVs). They actually have been asking our sales guy when the Challenger is coming in for service (they like to look at it). He knows it is in the garage for the winter and tells them they'll have to wait. It is indeed unfortunate that more dealerships are not like them. The only bad thing is that they had to do away with their free loaner program - too many vehicles stolen (some people figured the loaner was nicer than the one being serviced) or trashed. So now you have to pay a rental fee for a loaner if you aren't waiting for the service. I understand your frustration, I've dealt with my share of crappy dealers through the years.

ORIGINAL: DarkCorner

Anyone else had any dealer issues? When I started looking at the Challenger I immediately went to the dealer I have bought all my dodge vehicles from. The Challengers were few at best and they didn't have what I was looking for at the time. My local dealer had some and contacted me about the one I bought from them. I'll be very clear I disliked this dealership but they sold me on that had changed. The relationship I had with my other dealer was the best I could ever have. The dealer that I bought the Challenger had cost me some serious cash with the V10 in my truck. Their service dept lacked common sense. This morning I took it in for the first oil change and some other work and they offered me their POS loaner. I laughed at them, declined their loaner and decided to call back and talk with the Sales mgr. After asking him to remind me what I bought from them I asked if it was too much to offer me something comparable to what I bought from them as a loaner when needed. He got quite pissy so I ended the call.

I can't believe my stupidity to go to them, and don't believe they will be touching my Challenger ever again.

Are there any dealers out there that actually give a crap about us after they get our 40+K?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 AM

Default RE: Dealer Issues

Turn over is another problem. Before I bought my 99 V10 at Bob Mickey Dodge in Cedar Rapids IA, I called this dealer (then Wilson Bros) to see what they had before I was 100%. They actually said to me that they would sell me the truck I was willing to buy at the other dealer if I told them where it was and commented that I should remember where I bought it if/when it needed serviced. I bought it in Cedar Rapids. They changed service mgrs and I was convinced by the new one (one I trusted) to give them a chance. I did and after replacing the heads on the V10 things went down hill fast. they neglected to clean it out and change the oil when I suggested at 1000 miles. Then oil pressure problems set in and they couldn't figure it out. After completely loosing pressure right in front of their shop I dropped it off, they suggested driving it home it had to be the gauge, I didn't I left it. They spent 3 days pissing with it until I specifically said pull the pan and finally they did, unfortunately it was too late they scorched the main and rod bearings.

I can go on and on I am at fault for going back, I love the challenger but hate this dealer.

Back to turn over, the next day the sales guy I bought the challenger from was G O N E. I should have known.

I would highly recommend Mickey Dodge in Cedar Rapids, IA, I would also highly recommend running as far and fast away from Turpen Dodge in Dubuque, IA.