Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Not Happy at all

Old 01-31-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Happy at all

After a week of ice and snow . The sun was shinning today . Drove the Challenger to Louisville Ky. About 50 miles from home to eat at a Outback Steakhouse we go to . With the temperature up to or above 40 after being 15 this week. I decided to wash the grime and salt off the car when I got home. With warm soapy water and bucket. Sprayed it off as I went and then with stream of water to get all the soap off. When I got to the front end and was washing the grill around the head lights on the driver side . I discovered the plastic that is behind the bumper and wrap's around under the nose of the car was busted with a piece gone . Also a crack about 20 inch's over toward the center of the car all the way through toward the engine . Can't tell you how mad it made me . I did have a flock of black birds fly up from a field and across the road in front of me on the way home from having the oil changed at the local Dodge dealer yesterday. I was doing 50 and hit the brakes . But one did hit on the driver side and came tumbling up over the grill and keep on flying. Did the bird hit the cover around the headlights and it pull enough on the wrap around inside the nose and break it . They are two seperate part's . but the headlight cover hit's against a back stop from the part that broke. My other thoughts was it damaged in the garage yesterday. I just rinsed water over the car when I finished . So I went back out in the garage and chamioed the water off all the car so I could get a good look at the bumper to see if it was damaged. Not a mark on it. Or sign of it being hit. I never park the car to where anyone can pull up against it in the front. I have handicap parking and normally park with a post infront of me with the sign or up to a side walk area. I noticed the damage when I took the soapy mit to the area. The plastic is way too thin for my likeing also. Shouldn't have busted . Hate the thought of it being worked on . Hope they don't have to take the nose off the car.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:51 PM

Default RE: Not Happy at all

I feel for you man, I hvae watched giant rocks from semis in slow motion hitting my windshield, I couldnt imagine a bird, or a flock no less!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:12 AM

Could you post pictures?
Old 02-01-2009, 05:36 AM

Sorry about your luck man.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:33 PM

Will try to post a picture . Not having much luck at it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1994/DE65BEA3824945F78297A7B1BF9E7477.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 PM

I had to print the picture in smaller size and then scan it to be under the size that would post . So it is not very good picture . But you can see the damage. The head light cover hit's on a lip on the rear of the part that broke . Think that is where the bird hit or the ice . there are clip's to the bumper cover to this part . That is why the edge and other part is broke out. We have had a very bad ice storm here in Ky. this past week . Something like 700,000 without power in Ky. or something like that. Ice was falling off power lines yesterday with the warmer temperature. Some hit the nose . But I know I hit a bird the day before on the driver side. But didn't see the damage till I washed it late Sat.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that picture makes me sick. I feel for you man.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Thanks Lear4406 . Only another car guy knows the sick feeling of having your car damaged. I have alway's been one to drive them . But very carefull where I park to try and not get door ding's or other damage . And wash and wax all the time . And maintance before it needs it. My wife claimed I loved my 06 Copper Red and Tan top MX-5 GT 6 mt more than her . I proved her wrong when I traded it in on the R/T . I'm Car Crazy . What can I say. Someone else had their Challenger rear ended . It can be fixed .
Old 02-01-2009, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Man that picture makes me sick. I feel for you man.
X2[X(]
Old 02-01-2009, 07:14 PM

ok now im nervous.....when i was putting the new license tag on the front end it didnt feel all that strong. Now that i see the damage on your car i wonder if theres something i cant do to shore it up in some way. Maybe some additional supports. I'll crawl around under there & look around. What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Not Happy at all