Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Potential Buyer

Old 05-27-2009, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential Buyer

I am super close to throwing the money down to buy an R/T Classic but i have a few questions that i feel the dealers are mis leading me on. If anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

1. When you get the 6-speed trans does that engine still have the MDS, i am told by the dealer that it does but i don't think that is accurate.

2. Does the classic have the Brembo breaks? I am confused on these two options.

BMaN
Old 05-27-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bman
I am super close to throwing the money down to buy an R/T Classic but i have a few questions that i feel the dealers are mis leading me on. If anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

1. When you get the 6-speed trans does that engine still have the MDS, i am told by the dealer that it does but i don't think that is accurate.

2. Does the classic have the Brembo breaks? I am confused on these two options.

BMaN
As for the MDS....NO...the manual transmission does not have this option, its for auto's only. The manual trans with its higher gearing offsets the MPG advantage of having the MDS and it confuses the computer as far as I know.

And no the R/T doesnt have the Brembo's as far as I know, its only avail on the SRT-8 models.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Location: I have moved to Challengertalk.com as a direct result of this site not being able to handle security

Originally Posted by 09ChallengerRT
As for the MDS....NO...the manual transmission does not have this option, its for auto's only. The manual trans with its higher gearing offsets the MPG advantage of having the MDS and it confuses the computer as far as I know.

And no the R/T doesnt have the Brembo's as far as I know, its only avail on the SRT-8 models.

Correct on the MDS, I had read that they couldn't figure out how to accurately program it since the driver has manual control over gearing..

But I thought I remember reading somewhere that one of the things that the Classic $10,000 more than the R/T was that it did have the beefier brakes.

I really wanted a Classic myself, but it seems like it's a ton of cosmetic differences with VERY few other modifications to the regular R/T, but I think the brakes was one of those few differences.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:20 AM
caj

Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah
Correct on the MDS, I had read that they couldn't figure out how to accurately program it since the driver has manual control over gearing..

But I thought I remember reading somewhere that one of the things that the Classic $10,000 more than the R/T was that it did have the beefier brakes.

I really wanted a Classic myself, but it seems like it's a ton of cosmetic differences with VERY few other modifications to the regular R/T, but I think the brakes was one of those few differences.
The Classic is no where near being $10k more that an standard R/T.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 AM

Location: I have moved to Challengertalk.com as a direct result of this site not being able to handle security

IIRC, the R/t was approx. 32K MSRP, whereas the Classic was in the neighborhood of 38K.. my apologies, only a 6K difference, still more than I personally could justify for cosmetic changes.

But if it's in your budget, more power to ya! I'd love to see a few cruisin on the highways
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 AM

Thanks for all the input fellas. You helped to clear up some questions, i appreciate it. The classic i have build on the dodge website about 15 times comes out to $37,805. A bit pricey, but it is just oozin with style, charm and good old fashioned Detroit cool.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:08 AM

Can you really order a Classic R/T now? I thought that dealers could not take any new orders that the present time, since the factories are closed down. They won't even ship my J status 6 speed from the parking lot in Canada because of the chapter 11 status filing.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM

I have a feeling that some of the sneaky ones out there would still order it and let it sit for a while without telling you the truth.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:44 PM

Nope I walk the whole lot every two days making sure it's not hidden anywhere. I also do not mind if they want to keep in the showroom for a couple of days to get some action for the dealer as long as they compensate me.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:53 AM

I was more talking about them ordering the car for you, or saying that they will order it, even if they can't. They'll wait until it opens up again and then put the order in. They could feed you some lines like there's a dealy right now, but they are working on it. That's only the bad ones of course.