Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

put an offer in on a Torred R/T

Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default put an offer in on a Torred R/T

But the hang up is the value o my trade in. I am letting the dealer stew on it and holding firm. There are like no one in dealerships around here, I was in today for a little more than an hour and not 1 person walked in or out of the showroom. We will see what happens in a day or two. wish me luck...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:48 PM

Default RE: put an offer in on a Torred R/T

Good luck. I took a $1500 bath on my 07 Camry trade in when I got my Challenger, but it was SO worth it. These days you just never know. Just hope your dealer isn't still one of the few hold-outs trying to mark these up from MSRP. If they are, WALK AWAY.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:09 PM

Ask about the employee pricing program. Still in effect? My sticker was 39,600 & got EP pricing for 35,500. After tax & all, closed deal at 39,300.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:40 AM

Hope you get the deal you want . I learned a lesson on buying my Challenger R/T 6 speed. It was marked up $4,400.00 over MSRP . This is back was Nov. 7th 2008 . I traded a 07 Ram 4x4 and 06 MX-5 GT in . A long story . But I ended up purchasing at MSRP and got a fair trade in value on my trade in's . Considereing no one else even wanted them a month before. With gas $4.00 plus. But with the drop to below $2.00 a gal. on gas . They wanted the truck . The rub was I wanted to stay at a set amount on my payment. Was told the finance company on the truck was doing the loan at a payment close to what I wanted. Ok I signed the paper work . Took the truck to them the next day with titles to both. 4 day's later I got a call the finance company wanted $4,500.00 more down. Not sure if they ever got the financing as I wanted . I ended up getting it on my own as I should have before buying . If it isn't in writing subject to financing term written . Don't sign . The car is yours as soon as you leave the lot . If you don't take it . Is a defaut and as bad as bankruptcy on your credit . A real mess . I'm still very happy I made the buy . And love the car. Thing's are going to get even worse . Be careful on the deal you make . And if you have pay off . Make sure the dealer pay's it off or you may end up having to . Many dealers are going out of business and not paying off trades.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:20 AM

Value of the trade in is what I think is going to kill me, if I ever get the car. I'm about to cancel my order come Friday. Either way, they want to give me around Blue Book and not NADA so it's about $4,000 difference. Be aware though that they probably won't budge on things like that. If they aren't selling new cars, taking a used car for a new car doesn't put them in any better situation really. They just have another car to still sell.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 PM

In times like this it's better to kick the trade in, and retail it your self. For what the dealer will give you, it will sell online, or the in the local news paper.

I bought a 2008 300C the other day for 21,000 with 10,000 miles. Like new
Old 02-14-2009, 12:12 PM

Still squabling, But they are leaning my way, I have made some headway,while only budging a little. But the game is still on as of today..
Old 02-14-2009, 04:41 PM

Hang tough Bob, stand your ground, remember,they need to sell a car more than you need to buy one.Be patient,and you will get your rewards.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:04 AM

Seems like prices are dropping like a rock. Last week I test drove a Red 09 RT, 20 inch wheels, 6sp manual...and he would have sold me the car out the door for 30,800.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:37 PM

Great,finally the balls in our court.

Quick Reply: put an offer in on a Torred R/T