Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

R/T kills thread (post your story here)

Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/T kills thread (post your story here)

in reference to the 6SPDHEMI VS. WS6 thread which has generated some good racing stories, i would like to create a thread dedicated to any "kills" that people would like to share with their R/T out in the wild or at the strip. If you could, please post what R/T you have (manual vs auto, wheel size, etc) and whether there is anything done to your car. also, what car you went up against and if you know if they had any work done. i love hearing what our cars while i'm waiting for spring to take mine back out!

OK then, lets here 'em...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Default RE: R/T kills thread (post your story here)

I will carry over my thread, bigdaddywiz. I have the 09 Challenger R/T with 6 speed, 3.92 with 20s. The only mods I have done are the JBA shorty headers and skip shift eliminator. The "kill" was a 98-up WS-6 T/A with a radical exhaust and from that sounded like a hot cam. I just passed him after 3rd gear but if I'd turned the traction control OFF I would have either smoked him or the tires. Oh and I have the Black R/T which may not be as "fast" as the Orange but it is more intimidating. I ve had so many people "backdown" from running me it's actually hard to get "kill" stories around here
Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Haven't had any one challenge me yet! 09 RT 6spd, 3.92's
Old 02-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Even GT500's take a look then get back behind me. Weird because they could own me, I guess its hard to tell from the side, they never pull in front, 09 A/T, R/T.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 AM

even if they thought it was an SRT they would still own you
Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 AM

They don't want to look bad if they don't just run away from you. Better to think you can blow someone off the road than just barely beat them . I remember many years ago when I was at the Beech Bend Drag strip in Bowling Green Ky. . A track I went to often. A guy pulled up with a brand new SD 455 Firebird . He made a run that I didn't see . Think it was 14 sec flat. Claimed he couldn't get took off with street tires. And would run in the 12's if only he had slicks. His car was a beatufull Black and gold trim. And did sound strong with his headers open. Some how someone tried to get him to race my 71 455 Buick GS . And offered to put slicks on his car that where the right size for his car. He didn't want to race . But didn't want to look bad. We ended up running . He ran 13.90 and I ran 13.45 . He claimed he was still spinning . He wasn't . I beat him by 4 to 5 car lengths. I think he was a sleep on the light also.
ORIGINAL: Mullit

Even GT500's take a look then get back behind me. Weird because they could own me, I guess its hard to tell from the side, they never pull in front, 09 A/T, R/T.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:16 AM

I have only had one try me and it was a hoopty corvette. I was rolling on the interstate doing 70ish with the cruse on and was passing a long line of 18 wheelers. This cat came up on me and was all but licking the back bumper clean on the Chally. Normally I don't let these types bug me as it is nothing personal, they do it to the next guy in front like they do it to me. This one bothered me for two reasons. one it's not like you couldn't tell we were passing 8 - 10 big rigs...., two he was getting to close to my baby for me comfort. As I passed the last big rig I took it off cruse, shifted from 6th to 4th right as he cam even to me. I let it wind 4th up and was half way though 5th when he backed out. I looked down and I was at 130mph (oops.... ). I know this guy was not a major issue because when he stepped on it the black smoke rolled out of his pipes like a fog machine.... guess he didn't run it enough.

beyond that no one else will try the Challenger.....6SPDHEMI is right. It's hard to get "kills"
Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM

In the "WTF were they thinking?!?" category, I destroyed a Nissan Frontier in epic fashion on the way to work this morning. Soccer mom in her damn gentrified truck. The road I take frequently goes to 4 lanes at intersections, then back to 2 for long stretches in the woods.

She was edging up on the line when the cross traffic got the yellow. I really didn't think she was going to do it til green, then she dropped the tackhammer into the intersection. I was in such disbelief she was a full length ahead before I had first gear. I got along side her at half throttle, and chirped second just to make the point when I decided to pull ahead.

Some people...

-Rench
Old 02-09-2009, 02:12 PM

I've only had one Corvette run up behind me. And as soon as he could read HEMI RT on the lic. plate he fell back about 5 car lengths. Many just don't know for sure what the car is till they get a closer look. I mostly get thumbs up from many who think they are driving a fast car. Or like the blond that leaned out the window of her truck today. While I was at a traffic light. She said it is just BEATIFUL . I had the window down as the temperature was 70 . I said Thanks . I had the car all washed up and clean . After I bucket washed it this morning.
ORIGINAL: robertg74

I have only had one try me and it was a hoopty corvette. I was rolling on the interstate doing 70ish with the cruse on and was passing a long line of 18 wheelers. This cat came up on me and was all but licking the back bumper clean on the Chally. Normally I don't let these types bug me as it is nothing personal, they do it to the next guy in front like they do it to me. This one bothered me for two reasons. one it's not like you couldn't tell we were passing 8 - 10 big rigs...., two he was getting to close to my baby for me comfort. As I passed the last big rig I took it off cruse, shifted from 6th to 4th right as he cam even to me. I let it wind 4th up and was half way though 5th when he backed out. I looked down and I was at 130mph (oops.... ). I know this guy was not a major issue because when he stepped on it the black smoke rolled out of his pipes like a fog machine.... guess he didn't run it enough.

beyond that no one else will try the Challenger.....6SPDHEMI is right. It's hard to get "kills"
Old 02-09-2009, 03:59 PM

Welcome, Brother.........

Perhaps a "HEMI RT" plate multi state alliance is in order. Heh heh......

Quick Reply: R/T kills thread (post your story here)