Notices
Dodge Challenger SE Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

Well I don't drive a General Lee

Old 07-08-2009, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've submitted my claim to AMVIC, and CAMVAP (arbitration board) and the BBB, I also have sought legal assistance from a good firm here in the city, We'll give Chrysler the 72hrs they need to redecide, then we'll notify them we want to meet and advise we will be serving them with papers.... the mere fact that my family could have been with me and I could have hit the vehicle in front of me doesn't seem to faze them 1 bit, they don't care.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:36 PM

I hope things work out in your favor, CC. Some cars are just lemons -- a car company should just admit it and take care of you.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM

well I went into the dealership I purchased the car at, I mentioned I was getting a lawyer and that I was advised to have it brought back to the purchasing dealership with a rather loud voice during their Stampede lunch, was enough to get the GM's attention, he's a pretty decent guy so far and has a few options he would like to work before anything is started. The car went back to Eastside dodge. So it sits in the yard, awaiting its fate from Chrysler, I decided to hire legal representation and he is putting together a statement to put to Chrysler, at this point he's going to push for either replacment value or a replacment car?? Then work that ladder, he sees the potential of future issues and again this problem cannot be 100% pinpointed, and the dealerships kept sending me back out onto the road with the problem time and time again.

I think the real sad part about all this, isn't the car, it isn't the salesman, and not to start a rant but it's the ecomony. The way I see it is this: Chrysler Canada can't afford to take it back. I have worked so hard to get this car, when I could have purchased so many others out there, but I was drawn to Dodge after Toyota hiked prices on trucks (I went to buy originally), so seeing Dodge was reducing the prices on their trucks due to poor economy and high fuel prices. Now the dealership did a great job on trying to sell me into a truck.... with all it's features and add ons... but it wasn't a good fit. I had seen the Challenger, but after review of colors on the lot (actually only 1 black one at the time) I opted to hold out and look around some more. Well Dodge was good at keeping me informed of new deliveries to dealerships in the color I wanted, and again Dodge was great at keeping me the focal point of the car buying experience. My car arrived and I was happy, the dealership tinted her up and was great to walk through the car, and the grand tour of the dealership meeting everyone and their family etc.... but I was sold on a good experience, then comes the point you hit the public streets just inches off the dealer lot, the grey clouds roll over you, and the gates behind you close and you are on your own. no turning back..... they have your money and are probably rolling around in it laughing..... but then they are nice to you when you come in for the REQUIRED servicing and purchasing parts etc... but again when you leave, they couldn't give a crap what you just spent, what work was done etc.... they almost pride themselves on mind ****ing you when you come and go.

I have had my car serviced religiously at the dealerships, spent well over $3-4K on parts, not only for my own car but for my families 2 vans over the past few weeks all in all knowing I was getting gouged in prices, but I left knowing I was welcome at the dealership and at this point I have a trust factor built up knowing I'm backed by a decent dealership and product.

It sucks when there are small glitches in new cars, they all have them, but face it, a new vehicle launches and some of the bugs are later fixes.... get the vehicle off the line so they can make money. Well when people even myself have legitamate issues from DAY 1, the manufacturer should look after it, make me feel that I am cared about and that the dealership has the same concern I do over this issue, treat me fairly and look after me. Fix the car at whatever cost a: to keep my business, b: to encourage family and friends to buy their products.

This isn't the case here, many of you who have met me, know I don't abuse my car, heck it even has that new car smell even 8mos after I bought it, the interior is emaculately clean, and any minor rock chips, usually get taken care of asap. I haven't hacked this car up or placed crap parts on it to disgrace the amzing look this car has. I have never mistreated any of my vehicles, heck I made $500 over what I paid for my first new truck, even after 135,000kms on, bought her new for $12,000, sold it for $12,500 just $500 less than asking price, it was mint, the buyer fought me that it was a 1998 truck, not a 1994 that it actually was, he couldn't believe I looked after it so well.

Sorry I know this is long, but as far as any car owner, you take pride in what you have, no matter what age you are. The cars we have are conversation pieces, attention getters (good or bad), we buy them because of history, looks, and appeal. No one thinks long term the "what if" scenarios.... and you think a company like Dodge would stop take a second to look at this type of issue and say ok, we need to make this right!! we have a customer who has our product, has a problem that our guys can't seem to nail down, but there is a noted and tracked problem here.

I worked hard after my divorce for this car, and it sadens me to think that Chrysler doesn't care that my family is in their product that has a known defect and have washed their hands of it. Leaving me out to fend for myself with a problem that isn't fixable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 07-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:00 AM

have you checked other sites to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem

i am curious as there has been many 1 car accidents involving challengers with people getting killed and wonder if engine shutting down may be the cause?
a lot of times accident investigators blame it on speed but if you are doing 65
and everything stops working there is no way you can slow it down fast enough
without the power and that would point to excessive speed.

i believe some independent party testing needs to be done as we may all be driving ticking time bombs just waiting to die at speed.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:48 AM

yah I have been doing ALOT of research but hte most I find regarding misfires is with SRT8's, and a handful of V6's but they got a TSB notification for earlier build dates and they caught it before it blew into something more serious. Th`ere have been quite a few Challenger accidents/deaths and you are correct a lot are blamed on speed and loss of control. At least my car is in pretty good shape for an investigator to look over the car and determine speed wasn't the case in this issue, at 65kms/hr, the airbags would have gone off on impact, and the front end would have showed more signs of damage, so at least I'm good in that aspect.

I am just waiting to see what the lawyers postion on this will be, I did retain a lawyer yesterday, and is the top rated auto industry litigator.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 AM

well I've been f&^ked again by Chrysler, I was just informed Chrysler will not be helping me in anyway shape or form, and that I'm on my own for a now estimated $7000 worth of damage.

Wow I can't beleive I am going through this.... what a cheap ass cop out, Chrysler won't admit they have a mechanical problem..... I don't beleive it, I'm left with nothing, a car that is not mechanically sound, a car that is now uninsurable, and a repair bill that I cannot afford to shell out. What a dissappointment, I think Chrysler Canada and their representantives are chicken ****s who have NO couth or balls when it comes to backing a product they sell to consumers I'm even more angry now of the thought my kids could have been in the car with me that night, or that they may not have had a father left had there been an impact with the back end of that 18wheeler in front of me.

Sad day for vehicle owners!!!! Disappointing and I'm embarrased to say I even own a Dodge.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by canadiancanuck
I did retain a lawyer......and is the top rated auto industry litigator.
.................well I've been f&^ked again by Chrysler..
I was just informed Chrysler will not be helping me in anyway shape or form....

So what did the lawyer have to say about the b.s. crap ChryCo is telling you..
Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM

well he's willing to take on the case, however he put the cost into persective, he needs a $10,000 retainer up front, we will sue for the value of the car and seek legal fees as well, but this could drag out for years and be EXTREMELY coatly for me, to the point where I can't afford to pay him anymore, and if we did win a judgement, I'd get the value of my car, and maybe a portion of legal fees back, so is it worth the possibility of this dragging out and only recouping some of my costs or just face a $7000 fix.

I did however get a call from the dealership after I mentioned lawsuit and they are willing to buy back my car less the taxes, so I lose $1300, BUT I have to pay for the damages to the car, so an additional $7000 and then I have to spend the vehicle allowance at the dealership, and he can order me a new 2010 Challenger, but not at what I paid for mine even though it would be the same car. Option for Option, so I pay taxes again, and the difference, so in total I figure I'm out $11,000 on car on a car less than 8mos old.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:49 AM

This whole situation is pathetic, CC. No matter which way you turn, you seem to be getting shafted. I'm amazed an attorney would demand that much up front. It sounds like he doesn't see much profit (for him) in the case. Maybe product-liability law is different in Canada, but I don't think a U.S. attorney would sound that negative.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:05 PM

UPDATE: Well the seemingly long ordeal with his car is over!! Final repair costs are $4464, and the total for the new car is down to $8400 so all in all this has been a $12,864 learning experience for my family. Chrysler is looking after the build and delivery, not the dealership. Priority rush to arrive first week of September. I went down kicking and screaming like a 5yr old getting a flu shot. But took it up the butt just to move on.

There is still a bit of hope that seeing I was very patient and my dealership GM spoke to Chrysler this morning and also confirmed that although I am frustrated, I was never beligerent or disrespectful, and that maybe they assist on the difference of the purchase price. I don't know.. and I'm not putting all my hopes into it, but it would be nice to see a gesture of good will from Chrysler to help restore some faith and assist a customer.

So that's where we stand at this point.

I get my Challenger back for a few days to get the rest of my parts off and out, the dealership wants my old car back to stock, so they are going to swap the exhaust for me, swap out the lowering springs, and take the plastic trim from the new car and let me deal with mine on my own to save costs. So I'll have a new 2010, lowered, dual exhaust, painted skirts, new rubber seeing I want my less than 15km used Toyos rather than the stock POS they stick on these cars, and then decide whether to rekit this car up or sell it.

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 07-28-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Well I don't drive a General Lee