Notices
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SRT8 should be placed here.

2010 challenger

Old 12-16-2008, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2010 challenger

ORIGINAL: mpbg43

I think the team of people who brought us the Challenger deserves credit and future jobs, if given the chance they will improve on an already great car.
The head of the Challenger design team is no longer with Chrysler, and Chrysler dismantled it's West Coast Design studio....
Old 12-25-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mpbg43
So my vote is that Challenger will survive and find modest improvements for the 2010 year.
2010 production starts in July...

2011 model year= refresh
Old 12-25-2008, 06:18 PM

^^^^UMMMMM YEAH^^^^^
What Resume said...
I can't believe how pesimistic you guy's are about a 2010 Challenger... WOW!!! I'll bet on that... LOL... I got a 100$ on it... WTF???? I think some of you fellas don't want to see a 2010 just because you already got yours...
Sorry to bust the bubble for you "future collector car" owners... Haha. But there are already '08 models with less than 10k miles for under 34k beans... So??? Ummm sorry... And with a 2010 model just AROUND THE CORNER... I think we'll see the SRT Challenger fall below 30k very soon next year... That is slightly used of course, but im talking less than 15k miles... And that in my eyes is a good buy...
Now 2011 might be on the table I can give you that for sure... But just two years for a model??? Nah ain't gonna happen... So to all you other fellas on here waiting for an SRT closer to 30k don't worry it'll be very soon... and from what ResumeSpeed said sounds like this coming July we'll get ours... or mine To the ridiculous judgement of some, get real... Your car won't be worth what you paid for it for another 10-15 years easy... Have fun with it, I know I did with my Hemi Truck...
Old 12-26-2008, 05:01 AM

I like your optimism. I wish everyone in the world, right now, thought more like you. We'd be out of this crisis, already. You are correct on most counts. Everyone who is speculating on this car's future value need to know it will take 15-20 years to realize. But remember this, just a few years after a new 70'ish Challenger (even with a street HEMI) the cars weren't worth half their $5k purchase price. And back then they weren't just low production lures. The new Challengers are niche cars made in relatively low production numbers when compared to the econo-boxes and minivans. Keep one well preserved and if muscle cars go out of fashion again, these cars will be valuable. Lucky for me, that will happen just about the time I'm ready to retire. I'm in good shape because I have a number of cars to spread my attention between. That keeps the miles off of any one car without me having to force myself to "go without" a thrill. I picked up a moderately used '00 Porsche 911, low miles '98 M Roadster, $5k '67 Mustang Fastback, some nice italian sportbikes and didn't pay more than the cost of a mid-level Toyota Camry for any of them. I drive a $6k VW GTI as a daily and we found a $22k BMW 3 series for the wife that only had 12k miles on it. This car game doesn't have to be hugely expensive if you do your homework and not let your heart lead your head.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:30 AM

Where did you get this information from? Any links to it?

ORIGINAL: ResumeSpeed

2010 production starts in July...

2011 model year= refresh
Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

^^^^UMMMMM YEAH^^^^^
What Resume said...
I can't believe how pesimistic you guy's are about a 2010 Challenger... WOW!!! I'll bet on that... LOL... I got a 100$ on it... WTF???? I think some of you fellas don't want to see a 2010 just because you already got yours...
Sorry to bust the bubble for you "future collector car" owners... Haha. But there are already '08 models with less than 10k miles for under 34k beans... So??? Ummm sorry... And with a 2010 model just AROUND THE CORNER... I think we'll see the SRT Challenger fall below 30k very soon next year... That is slightly used of course, but im talking less than 15k miles... And that in my eyes is a good buy...
Now 2011 might be on the table I can give you that for sure... But just two years for a model??? Nah ain't gonna happen... So to all you other fellas on here waiting for an SRT closer to 30k don't worry it'll be very soon... and from what ResumeSpeed said sounds like this coming July we'll get ours... or mine To the ridiculous judgement of some, get real... Your car won't be worth what you paid for it for another 10-15 years easy... Have fun with it, I know I did with my Hemi Truck...
unless dodge goed under, then there will be no 2010 anything.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:35 PM

Yeah true ^^^^ of course... but BAILOUT BAILOUT... LOL... there going to bail them out, not because they want to but because they have to... We can't as an economy afford to see more people go un-employed... Bottom line, letting the American car industry go under would in turn sabotage ourselves... We just need them to "tighten up" and I think they've got that message recently...
On the other hand I've read numerous artciles about how when a car model or brand goes under or is discontiued... The cars come up quicker for re-sale and are much more cheaper, In the fact that the consumer has lost faith in the service and parts end to the vehicle... Just something to consider before you "root" for your favorite car to go under or out... It won't help, but only in the long term vision... But to guy's like me I guess I could really care less these are just my opinions and beliefs... Im going to get one, just when the time is right...
I think if some of you guy's would read more about the "game" of buying used 'vettes and how to grab one on the bottom of its depriciation cycle.. Then you could understand what an investment is in buying a car...
Hey thanks EPEGESUS.... for the shout... I do believe what you said also, I wish more peeps were the same way man... Ohh and sounds like some killer deals you've gotten on your cars, smart and good buys... Some people don't understand the old saying what's good for the goose insn't always good for the gander...LOl... that's what "young working guy's" like me are dealing with... just a bunch of smoke and mirrors... I.E.. inflated prices for cars not worth it...
Dang I just read your post again 911??? Jeezus, for nothing Haha... see fellas... that's gotta be a fun one to drive...peace...
Old 12-27-2008, 05:58 AM

Yeah the Porsche is SWEET! Only paid $25k for it. Rich Dr. upgraded and just wanted to get rid of it. He had more money than sense but i ain't conplaining. The M Roadster was the same way. Older lady got suckered by a BMW dealer. She had no business in that tiny car. Bought it for $22k with only 24k miles. Found the Mustang in the country. Bought it for $5k and it is now worth over $70k. It will be worth more when Carroll Shelby passes (hate to say that but that's how it works). A car nearly identical to mine went for over $150k at the last Barrett Jackson. I litterally stole my '02 RAM Sport when the dealership panicked about trying to get rid of a Manual shift, short wheelbase regular cab pick-up. I convinced them that I would be the only guy willing to buy it (which was probably true) and they dropped $7k off the sticker to get rid of it back in '01. Similar deals on a couple of Aprilia 1000 sportbikes, an '08 Ducati 1098 and an '04 MV Agusta F4 with racing motor. My strategy was this. I tended to buy a new Daily driver every couple of years anyway. I decided to get a cheap daily driver and keep it. Once it was paid for I used the payment money to buy the good deals. Luckily the GTI has been bullet proof dependable. Man, I love it when a plan comes together!!

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Hey thanks EPEGESUS.... for the shout... I do believe what you said also, I wish more peeps were the same way man... Ohh and sounds like some killer deals you've gotten on your cars, smart and good buys... Some people don't understand the old saying what's good for the goose insn't always good for the gander...LOl... that's what "young working guy's" like me are dealing with... just a bunch of smoke and mirrors... I.E.. inflated prices for cars not worth it...
Dang I just read your post again 911??? Jeezus, for nothing Haha... see fellas... that's gotta be a fun one to drive...peace...
Old 12-31-2008, 01:44 PM

i'm pretty sure there will be a 2010 , dont know about a refresh ever though .... there is nothing to refresh other then the 6.1
Old 12-31-2008, 05:44 PM

yea rudy they will probably add vvt and mds to add more hp and better fuel efficiency.

Quick Reply: 2010 challenger