Notices
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SRT8 should be placed here.

Dead Acceleration/Throttle Stuck

Old 03-04-2009, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dead Acceleration/Throttle Stuck

dminfla, you said the car is a 2008. Was it new or used? If used, perhaps you could find out who the original owner is and contact them to find out why they let the car go. Maybe it was because of this very issue.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 PM

Well now BKchallenger has just said he had the same problem. So that makes this the 5th time I've heard of this happening. What about the instances it may have happened in where nobody wrote about it on a forum? Here's a thread where 2 people say they've had this problem on another forum:

http://www.challenger talk.com/forums/f5/holy-crap-throttle-stuck-when-driving-7774/

If you're comfortable driving the car knowing that this has been happening to people then that's fine. I live in a very hilly area and wouldn't feel safe thinking my car might speed out of control. Hopefully something will get done about this because I reaaaally want a challenger.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Well now BKchallenger has just said he had the same problem............
And it was quite cold in KY with a storm moving up the coast that day. I'm sure cold/high idle had something to do with it. My 6 speed is sluggish shifting when it's cold. That's the nature of the beast - ALL manuals.
I have no diagnostics to look at. STILL - 5 out of over 15,000 cars (with more being built every day) is a very low incidence - reported or not. And I'm sure there are other relatively isolated incidents of unrelated problems that go unnoticed or unmentioned on the forums. The same could be said about ANY car in ANY production run / year.
NO car is perfect. Some are just closer than others. And considering this car is still less than a year old, I'd say it has a VERY good record (aside from the roughly 5% of manuals that suffered from the #7 cylinder misfire - which has been addressed and fixed).

If you wait until No-one has Anything negative to say about the car, you can forget buying Any car at Any time in the future. There's always a reason Not to do something - if you look hard enough. That's why some people never get married.
But you're probably right. You'd be the owner of that one-in-three-thousand cars that has the specific problem you're worried about. So don't buy one! If enough people do the same thing, Dodge won't be around when you finally decide to tempt fate and put your cash down on a Challenger. You'll surely be safe..........unless another car developes the same problem and incidence rate......and you happen to buy one of those!
[]
Old 03-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Sorry Guys I don't check this side of the forum too often.

YES ! This is the same exact problem I am having , all my coils and spark plugs were replaced and i'm just waiting for it to happen again , I will be printing this thread ! !! !
Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 PM

Default No more stuck throttle

I changed from BKChallenger09RT to KyChallengerR/T6spd. Reflect's where I'm from and what I have better. I haven't had any more trouble with stuck throttle . But with this fly by wire. Anything can happen . But I had a stuck throttle on my 71 R/T when it was new. Wrecked it with a wide open throttle in a curve. Later learned the early 71's had some cable's that were too long . But I didn't get the recall . I had sold the car before learning of the defect. But the 71 was a automatic . I can clutch this one . I was too busy to trying to control the 71 at over 100 mph in a curve to think about netural . I had neighbor last year with a new BMW Mini Cooper that wouldn't go over 20 mph. BMW had to flat bed it to Nashville for warranty . Replaced all the fly by wire.

Last edited by KyChallengerR/T6spd; 03-12-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: wording
Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 PM

Also, dminfla you might try resetting the "smart" automatic tranny. It is supposed to figure out how you drive and respond appropriately. It may have wonky data from the first owner. I think the only way to start fresh with the tranny is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.