jssprink is offline Junior Member

Default Mopar catback exhaust

I put on a mopar catback exhaust and mopar cold air intake on a 09 challenger rt automatic. I have noticed increased gas mileage and when conditions are right, faster 0-60 times. I have noticed that there is significant drone noise and the noise inside the car is really loud when I go over 65. Does anyone have these mods and do you have the same issue?

darrello is offline Junior Member

Jss, what system do you install? I've been looking at the Borla SS one. But I don't want that droning your talking about. Alittle more noise would be ok.

BootCamp is offline Senior Member

The Corsa system is pricey, but no drone.
    Just installed one in my car this past weekend - great sound and improved performance without the drone. Very nice! Easy install too - everything fit / lined up with minor adjustments.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". - Edmund Burke
    09 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
    Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat Metallic

Thanks for the info Bootcamp. Haven't heard anything about the Borla yet. Friend of mine's son just got a new Camaro and put a cat back on it. He says it drones alot, but the boy likes it. Guess I am getting old...hopefully like fine wine, not like a road apple!

A lot of the problem is the size of the pipes. 3" tend to resonate more than the 2 3/4". The bottle resonators (if equipped) and the mufflers also play a big part in the cancellation of drone.

I'm closing in on 50 and while I still love the true musclecasr sound of a catback system, I'd prefer to do without the headache resulting from driving for more than 30 minutes in a car that drones at highway speeds.
    The Corsa is nice because it's almost inaudible at cruise, but barks like it should under throttle. I also love the backpressure "gurgle" of the system when downshifting.

BTW - I found the Corsa Cat-Back system (14138 - for SRT8's) for $1,169.10 including S&H. I thought that was one h#ll of a good price.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". - Edmund Burke

BC, where did u get the Corsa? I see the Borla at Anything Auto f/$1300 and they usually have some kind of knock offs so that would put it in the ballpark of the Corsa.

Check this post, Bud (scroll to the bottom/last post):
    http://www.dodgechallenger.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5008
    Last edited by BootCamp; 08-13-2009 at 11:27 AM.