Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Blind Spots/sightlines

Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blind Spots/sightlines - the solution

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Yeah, Brucer, I guess it's all relative.
Tell me about it.
I have a Class A CDL. Those big rigs you fly by every day have a blind spot that could swallow half a dozen Mopars!
Driving an 18-wheeler for a while makes the Challenger's blind spot rather insignificant.[sm=trust_me.gif]
Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 AM

Default RE: Blind Spots/sightlines

All you guys gotta do is to stop by your local auto parts place and buy a blind spot mirror. This is a convex, (or concave I forget how it goes) mirror about the size of your thumb. Attach to the passenger side mirror and there you go, Bob's yer Uncle!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 AM

Easiest thing to do is to stay in the right lane, that way you dont have to worry about anyone coming up alongside you!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Easy to do in relatively low traffic cities/areas, but not an option if you are driving in a major city with multilane expressways, ramps on all sides of the road, and general traffic chaos.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:43 PM

Convex is the correct mirror
Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 AM

I knew it was one of those 'vex's', I get them confused. But that should work for you.
I used to have a Bronco, I backed over a Honda Civic that I could not see. It was like, Meeep, Meeeeeeep, do you hear something?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Default Just for the sake of completeness...

I ended up buying an Inferno Red Pearl R/T a month ago, and the blind spot really is no big deal. I just got back from a 2,000 mile road trip in my brand-new baby and had no issues at all with sightlines, nor did my wife. I am SO happy I bought this car, it is such a joy to drive - smooth as silk, classy, beautiful and fast. The only issue I have with the car is that you can't go anywhere fast, everyone stops and asks me about it, I've even had my picture taken 3 times already while driving. There was a guy at Crater Lake who pulled off the road going the other direction, turned around and followed me to talk about the car. He was driving an 07 WRX STI, no slouch in itself, but he would have traded me his car and wife on the spot! :-)
Old 07-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by FastEddie
I ended up buying an Inferno Red Pearl R/T a month ago, and the blind spot really is no big deal. I just got back from a 2,000 mile road trip in my brand-new baby and had no issues at all with sightlines, nor did my wife. I am SO happy I bought this car, it is such a joy to drive - smooth as silk, classy, beautiful and fast. The only issue I have with the car is that you can't go anywhere fast, everyone stops and asks me about it, I've even had my picture taken 3 times already while driving. There was a guy at Crater Lake who pulled off the road going the other direction, turned around and followed me to talk about the car. He was driving an 07 WRX STI, no slouch in itself, but he would have traded me his car and wife on the spot! :-)
OK, I gotta ask: Would you get to keep your own wife or was it a car-for-car, wife-for-wife deal?