Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I have a 2008 Challenger for sale!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have a 2008 Challenger for sale!

My point was that the cars I mentioned and others like the Viper went for over MSRP for a long time. Those of us who paid over sticker had to make the decision back in December or January and I think it was reasonable to believe everyone would have to pay over sticker for this car. I paid 5k non refundable down because I was tired of getting screwed out of cars I wanted. Then the economy went down the toilet and I decided to honor the deal instead of fighting the dealer for my deposit back. If gas was still 3.00 per gallon, deals on this car would be few and far between. That is why I called it dumb luck. If you tell me you were willing to wait till 2010 for a good deal then maybe you could have expected a cheaper deal. I have had some nice cars and several new ones but have never had a car that everyone wants and I am the only one for miles that has one. It's awesome!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: GPMAN

My point was that the cars I mentioned and others like the Viper went for over MSRP for a long time. Those of us who paid over sticker had to make the decision back in December or January and I think it was reasonable to believe everyone would have to pay over sticker for this car. I paid 5k non refundable down because I was tired of getting screwed out of cars I wanted. Then the economy went down the toilet and I decided to honor the deal instead of fighting the dealer for my deposit back. If gas was still 3.00 per gallon, deals on this car would be few and far between. That is why I called it dumb luck. If you tell me you were willing to wait till 2010 for a good deal then maybe you could have expected a cheaper deal. I have had some nice cars and several new ones but have never had a car that everyone wants and I am the only one for miles that has one. It's awesome!
I get you point now. Hope you enjoy the car, what color did you get by the way?
Old 09-06-2008, 01:43 PM

I got the orange.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:52 PM

nice!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:56 PM

well nice to see you guy's getting along[8D]
gas prices at 3 dollars or 4 dollars the car will depreciate and a new model year free's up more cars on the market... re-bates on existing cars from the previous model year and such...
I thought a lot of us agreed that the gas prices shouldn't matter to the fellas that buy this car in the SRT trim... but I understand where your coming from, but i know we all were expecting to get raped on gas back in Janurary... it was at 3 bucks or more and we all thought this is never going to stop... If you actually thought that gas was going to stop at 3 dollars a gallon why would you think that??? Gas has doubled in 5 years... and in the last two years it double alone... so we all saw this and some would say we brought it on ourselves as an economy..
Han't the ecoonomy been in the can since the start of the Iraq war??? anyway... Or was it 9/11???
How do you say it???
DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW, PAY LESS...
Old 09-06-2008, 08:26 PM

im dumb when it comes to chunky blonnde women...dealers here are getting in oodles of 09's seen 8 on 1 dealers lot alone....seen several 08's collecting dust as well....cerbus is no different then what auburn hills has always been and i will use them to my advantage to save money..now if i just would not have my knees buckle at the site of chunky blonde women..oh well mrs snoots is a chunky blonde and truthfully i would be lost in the world without her (ps..i may change-palin holding that flat top AR15 sure did make me feel like a high skol junior again)
Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 PM

Well, I didn't buy mine for the "investment" value. I won't be too active in thirty years. But when I drive my Challenger around I get more attention than any Porsche, Ferrari, or Lambourgini. This car is special, there is no question about it. I am embarrased, really, with all the honks and attention I get. But the fact is, this is one of the best looking, best performing cars on the road, right here, right now. Collectibility is an opinion, but the attention I get is a fact. If you don't truly enjoy this beautiful car, don't buy one and don't get on this forum.