• Will wait until MSRP or less

39 35.45%
  • Would never pay MSRP

13 11.82%
  • I'm so cheap I will buy one used 5 years from now

5 4.55%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default RE: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

I plan on buying as soon as available just for the wow factor on the road. I got a 300C early on and enjoyed the envious looks even if most of them were from other men (heck, even a car isn't going to get the ladies looking at me ). Now, 300s are a dime a dozen on the road (at least here in chicago). But Cuda340 has good points about letting Chrysler get the bugs out for 2009 model. My first year 300C though has run like a charm so hoping they have same track record for the first year Challenger.
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid is a way to go through life son

ORIGINAL: 1972dodge

Wake up people! The first year the Challenger comes out is when you want to buy it.Anyone ever hear about the 1970 AAR T/A Challenger?It was the only year it was made.The first year the Challenger came out was the best.Lets see, do you think the big wigs at Chrysler are thinking the same?
    No.

History isn't going to repeat itself here.

I happen to know that the most desirable options won't even be available until a couple model years in. Expect upgrades and new packages every year over the car's life cycle -- at least for the first four or five years -- just like Ford has done with the new Mustang.

ORIGINAL: mentallychallenged

I plan on buying as soon as available just for the wow factor on the road. I got a 300C early on and enjoyed the envious looks even if most of them were from other men (heck, even a car isn't going to get the ladies looking at me ). Now, 300s are a dime a dozen on the road (at least here in chicago). But Cuda340 has good points about letting Chrysler get the bugs out for 2009 model. My first year 300C though has run like a charm so hoping they have same track record for the first year Challenger.
    My dad was the same way with his magnum, we used to count the stares[sm=chattypair.gif][sm=drooldude.gif].
    Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

Heb 12:1

Jeremiah 29:11 is offline Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

ORIGINAL: 1972dodge

Wake up people! The first year the Challenger comes out is when you want to buy it.Anyone ever hear about the 1970 AAR T/A Challenger?It was the only year it was made.The first year the Challenger came out was the best.Lets see, do you think the big wigs at Chrysler are thinking the same?
    No.

History isn't going to repeat itself here.

I happen to know that the most desirable options won't even be available until a couple model years in. Expect upgrades and new packages every year over the car's life cycle -- at least for the first four or five years -- just like Ford has done with the new Mustang.
    If history repeats itself in 35 years many of us will be dead or too old to drive. I for one will get the best car which may be the 2nd year and enjoy as much as I can
    then pass it down to my kids after I am gone. I am not going to do the shoulda, woulda, coulda thing.
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I went with waiting 5 years. It's not a hard choice when it's your only option. Oh well. I might win the Powerball Wednesday.

Found this today.

http://comcast.vehix.com/research/pr...nger&year=2008

Pricing seems reasonable, but wonder if that includes the 6.1. Probably not.

awsure is offline Senior Member

Sorry, but that is no more credible than me posting a price. We'll know when dealers have em on the floor probably...not much before.
    HJ

stevelegel is offline Senior Member

I'm ready for first on the block. Don't want to buy a used one, have history with Thunderbird, keep in touch with dealer salesman, going to Wednesday's premier night, planning to go to Chicago opening day for public in February.

When you've got the fever...you've got the fever. what can I say?

I want pictures of my new Challenger next to my Go Mango Orange '70 Challenger!
    Steve

I work for a dodge dealer. I can see us jacking the price up at least 5000 for the first ones that come in. My bet is that the car will be the hottest thing since the pt cruiser was in 01. people paying up to 10000 over msrp for one.

awsure is offline Senior Member

Think you can get employee pricing?
    HJ

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast