Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: GTO JUDGE

The first thing you should do is take a drivers safety course including behind the wheel training. No offense to your parents, but I question any parent's sense of safe responsibility to their child that would give their blessing to a 16 year old who is in the infancy stages of driving the go ahead on any car that is stature.

Not only that, but the hefty price tag associated with it. Unless you are rolling in dough, I cannot phantom any parent letting a 16 year old tie up 40K or so on a first vehicle, or anything at so young an age.

A pilot doesn't get in an F-16 without first learning on a smaller less aggressive aircraft.

Youth+inexperience+horsepower= Disaster. The more you drive a car like this the more invincible you feel. The more invincible you feel the more risks you take, the more risks you take ......... read your local obits.

The odds are against you, statistics prove it. A responsible parent would be against a car like this for their 16 year old. There are plenty of cars out there to learn on. You're gonna do what ya wanna do, remember this.... For-site is better than hind-site.
Who says I won't take some drivers course before I get my car so I can learn how not to die?

If the more I drive this car the more invincible I will feel, it's probably the same for anyone who buys this car. Because it must give you the same feeling, considering your giving me the information. So I don't think you should buy this car, i'm worried about your safety.

My mom is against it..my dad would rather me get a H3. My parents said they would have no problem with a charger..because it's bigger. But if I really wanted a challenger, I would get one. But if it's 50k like that guy said is expected, it's not worth near that..
Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 AM

I'm more worried about the other drivers on the road than you. It's the family approaching you that would be the victims should you test your prowess and lose control. The more people on here try and forewarn and advise you the more cocky you get. I can only imagine how cocky you'd get when someone challenges you in the car.
Long and short of it is... at 16 you lack the confidence and experience to be driving a car like this.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:49 AM

You must respect the car and know your limits. If you haven't been over 100-120 before please god don't let your first time be in the middle of the night on the interstate where a deer could run out infront of you or something. Or just go red light to red light and not go that fast ^^
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 AM

I didn't read all of the replies, but did skim through most of it.

I do agree with most of the replies. I think most people here are trying to help you, and hopefully learn from our experiences. You have to respect the power. If you do decide to get one, please be responsible.

When I was 16 I had a 68 Charger R/T 440 with about 450hp. Being young you think you can drive as good or better than everyone else on the road. I thank god for not letting me have a serious accident. I drove like a manic, and not a care in the world. That was way to much power for me, but likely I did get some sense over the years. The good thing about these new cars, is that they handle very well.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: GTO JUDGE

I'm more worried about the other drivers on the road than you. It's the family approaching you that would be the victims should you test your prowess and lose control. The more people on here try and forewarn and advise you the more cocky you get. I can only imagine how cocky you'd get when someone challenges you in the car.
Long and short of it is... at 16 you lack the confidence and experience to be driving a car like this.
I'll get a charger then if it's that big of a deal. I ask for a price and I get my parents telling me to get a tank. And for the people that actually answered my question thank you for not trying to tell me what to do and what not to do and worrying about yourself.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:36 PM

I wouldn't let someone talk you out of a vehicle that you "REALLY WANT" unless it doen't matter to you either way which car you get.

To the actually question, I think we would all like to know that answer. We all have spectuation, but no definite answer yet.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:16 PM

I'm not flaming you for what you want, I don't blame you for wanting a nice performance car. I'd want one too at 16. I and others are trying to get you to see reality. I've lost friends to car accidents because of younger drivers. I worked with kids in their teens who were killed because they were hot dogging and misjudged curves in the road at 70 mph. One guy in particular on a suicide crotch rocket showboating hit a tree head on. The fire crew had to peel parts of his body out of the bark of the tree. They are all statistics. The hardest thing for a young kid to do is listen to advice when they have their sites set on something they want bad.

Don't confuse advice for condemnation. Only you will know if you have the will power to refrain from a kid in an STI taunting you and calling you out.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm not as easy going as some. Maybe it's because I've seen to much death. I have had the awesome tasks of leaving teenage boys dead on the field of battle simply because they though they were men. They never got to be.

Would it be asking too much to if we cease with all of this wasted conversation with an obviously "spoiled child"? Children, especially young boys want to become men far too quick. It is the responsibility of the parents to decide between what a child needs and what a child wants. There is no doubt that at 16 he is a child.

If he has been raised to believe that he can have whatever it is regardless of the threat it may present to himself and the general public, then it’s just another case of bad parenting and another spoiled child that will one day run into something or someone that will not tolerate his lack of respect for himself and others. In the end they will say, "he was such a good boy". Bull****!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:00 PM

Ditto.....agreed [sm=closed.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06
Would it be asking too much to if we cease with all of this wasted conversation with an obviously "spoiled child"?
Sorry Bud, but I was working on this when your post went up.
I don't want to turn him off completely. I agree with you 100%, but I'm worried that the accident he'll have will involve someone in my family or a friend.
ORIGINAL: SkillzDatKillz
I'll get a charger then if it's that big of a deal. I ask for a price and I get my parents telling me to get a tank. And for the people that actually answered my question thank you for not trying to tell me what to do and what not to do and worrying about yourself.
When kids with little/no driving experience, an overload of hormones, false confidence, and more money than common sense get behind the wheel of high-HP 2-ton missles and drive on the same public roads that we're on, I AM worried about myself AND my family - something I'm sure that kid won't do when he's busy trying to impress someone.

I supervise work crews in Highway Construction And Maintenance in New York. We work on the Interstate Highways and part of my job is to secure accident scenes, as well as repair damage to structures on the Interstates. Would you like to know how many bodies I've seen taken away from fatal accident sites? Would you like to know what it looks and smells like? Can you guess what percentage of accident reports I get copies of that involve drivers between the ages of 16 and 21? Try 40%! Although the 16 - 21 age group represents less than 10% of the drivers on my roads, they're involved in 40% of the accidents! That ratio is STAGGERING!
[IMG]local://upfiles/271/D3E53B995C7B454C843CEC5DDF6E6954.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/045B18C619484371A1C8E8B5E05449D8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/804CD01846EC4336BA17E2F3C9DF57B1.jpg[/IMG]
The pictures of what's left of the blue Toyota under the semi were taken when four pretty girls were going to a HS graduation party and tried to change lanes to get to thier exit. The driver was 17 - she was in the wrong lane, tried to move over two lanes and didn't look when trying to get to the exit. She didn't see the Semi until she and her three friends were under it.
[IMG]local://upfiles/271/EE5EE64582E548FA958148DBE896CDFB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/5AE4BC2B98324AACB75FDF5DDABE7C59.jpg[/IMG]
The pictures of the grey car were taken when a college student (19 years old) tried going through our road work zone between the "cushion truck" and the "work truck". She hit a car in the lane she was trying to get to (she didn't look before changing lanes) and got pushed back INTO the work truck. Fortunately, the crew got out of the way in time before she rear-ended the trailer we were pulling that had 3 tons of hot blacktop in it. The trailer didn't move - obviously, her car was destroyed. She was saved by the airbag.

These are pictures of just TWO accidents caused by poor judgement, inattentive driving, and driving while distracted. There an average of a dozen every day on the 250 miles of roads we cover. Of that dozen, 4 or 5 (on average) will involve a driver between the ages of 16 and 21. I have many much more graphic pictures, but won't post them here.
The most lasting memories of these accidents is the look on the parents faces when they arrive on the scene. For me, the worst ones are when they involve small children. Maybe it's because I have kids, but I see this every day and still get chills walking up to a scene where I can see tiny sneakers or toys scattered about the pavement. The children were the victims of others' poor decisions.
HERE'S THE AMAZING PART - Not ONE of these people are "bad drivers" or were "going too fast", "inattentive", "inexperienced", "failed to change lanes safely"...... . Ask them! Every one of them said "It happened so fast" when the troopers were interview

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?