Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

thank you for not trying to tell me what to do and what not to do and worrying about yourself.
Nobody is telling you what to do, but just trying to make helpful suggestions so you will live.

In the end, you are going to do whatever you want anyway........I just hope you live to tell the story.

A quick story...we had a youth in our church camp who was always cocky. He was a cheerleader, athletic, muscular, and all of the girls liked him.
He was living in the fast lane. One day he wrapped his motorcycle around a tree on a curve.

Surprisingly, he survived. I saw him one day working a cell phone kiosk in a shopping mall. I walked up to him to get a closer look and he faced was all scared
and half of his upper teech had to be held in with some sort of bridge. He also had plates and screws put on the front of his facial bones. He said hi and remembered
me. He spoke very humbly and said he was blessed to be alive and wanted to know what work God still had for him to do since he lived.

His life was changed forever and he was not the cocky 17 year old I remembered any more but a 21 year old that was more humble and God given him another chance.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I'm not as easy going as some. Maybe it's because I've seen to much death. I have had the awesome tasks of leaving teenage boys dead on the field of battle simply because they though they were men. They never got to be.

Would it be asking too much to if we cease with all of this wasted conversation with an obviously "spoiled child"? Children, especially young boys want to become men far too quick. It is the responsibility of the parents to decide between what a child needs and what a child wants. There is no doubt that at 16 he is a child.

If he has been raised to believe that he can have whatever it is regardless of the threat it may present to himself and the general public, then it’s just another case of bad parenting and another spoiled child that will one day run into something or someone that will not tolerate his lack of respect for himself and others. In the end they will say, "he was such a good boy". Bull****!!!

I ask for the price of a challenger, and I get someone on the internet quoting what my family is going to say when I run into a person. Congratulations for member of the year and the added cussing effect at the end, it really gave the post that extra emotion. And how does having a sports car make you a man? Your perception is screwed. And to all the people saying "this kid is spoiled" and such, mind your own business? Who gives a hell if I'm spoiled, posting about it won't change anything. I came on the internet to get facts, not to be babied.

You act like I am so spoiled and idiotic and I brought this group flaming upon myself but you guys are the ones that are going out of your way to talk about my inexperience. You say your so worried for your friends and family that when I wreck I will kill somebody, when I'm sure if I hit someone in a Ram I would be much more worried about your family. Just a thought.

Nobody is telling you what to do, but just trying to make helpful suggestions so you will live.

In the end, you are going to do whatever you want anyway........I just hope you live to tell the story.

A quick story...we had a youth in our church camp who was always cocky. He was a cheerleader, athletic, muscular, and all of the girls liked him.
He was living in the fast lane. One day he wrapped his motorcycle around a tree on a curve.

Surprisingly, he survived. I saw him one day working a cell phone kiosk in a shopping mall. I walked up to him to get a closer look and he faced was all scared
and half of his upper teech had to be held in with some sort of bridge. He also had plates and screws put on the front of his facial bones. He said hi and remembered
me. He spoke very humbly and said he was blessed to be alive and wanted to know what work God still had for him to do since he lived.

His life was changed forever and he was not the cocky 17 year old I remembered any more but a 21 year old that was more humble and God given him another chance.
Typo? And to the story..I understand what your saying, but that is a motorcycle, and I'm not a speed demon. I'm usually told to speed up when I drive with dad..I just barely creep down the roads.

Don't confuse advice for condemnation. Only you will know if you have the will power to refrain from a kid in an STI taunting you and calling you out.
I have no idea what an STI is and what do you mean by calling me out? Like asking me to race? Only I will know if I have the power, right? So why are YOU telling me not to get this car if you have no idea?

I understand that you guys are concerned for my safety, and I appreciate that. But most of you guys are speculating I'm going to go race this car with people, when I know i'm not. I'm a lot smarter than that. I have had this conversation with my parents.

I can't drink and drive, can't be caught racing, etc. or my car is gone.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Rob

Spoiled or not, hardly the case. I think one can be spoiled and still have an excellent sense of reality and moral awareness; however, I truly do find it hard to believe your foot will NEVER get a little heavy. For someone to deny it is just exactly like admitting it's gonna happen.

All of us have had the heavy foot the only difference is we've had experience over the years (me 11 years, others, many more). I can tell you right now, I've been driving all these years and still am in awe of the power, I could honestly not imagine having that much HP after getting my license.

Sorry, skillz, I know you want, and trust me, I understand...it's a hot car, and $hit if someone was gonna buy it for me, I wouldn't stop them, but honestly dude get something a little less potent.

I've never driven a Charger V6, but I can't see why that wouldn't be good...someone here said it's a bit quick...but it's better than you getting the Challenger. And if the parents don't have any reservations about buying you a Charger, a Hummer H3, than they probably wouldn't have a problem buying you another car 2-3 years down the road.

Peace man ...chill out, and show a little respect to the fellow Challenger fans, even if we didn't directly answer your question, we answered it indirectly, life is priceless.

R
Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Rob

STI = Subaru Impreza STI

One of the VERY few Japanese cars I have respect for...HP and Torque...who knew if matched together you could have that kinda power...it's almost unthinkable.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 AM

Boys, I live in eastern kentucky. Noone around here goes and drag races down the hollers. And i'm sure about 99% of us have no idea what an STI is.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Rob

Well...I'm not really surprised. You are on a Challenger board, therefore you probably arn't interested in any of the imports.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 PM

I think you all owe the young man an apology for ganging up on him. He came here to participate in the passion about this great car and you guys slammed him with your high and mighty attitudes. You need to step back and check yourselves. Yes, the Challenger has power and yes he certainly is not as experienced behind the wheel as us old farts but cut him a break on the attitude.

I suggest you work on your approach. You ask him to show respect for us & yet he was extended very little. It's just fine to express your concern for him and offer him some constructive advice but think before you hit that OK button...

[:'(]
Old 06-22-2007, 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Look, Bud..... As much as we appreciate the Challenger, and enjoy the fact that you do too, the simple fact is that MOST kids your age don't have the experience or attitude to properly handle a car like the Challenger.

Get yourself a sound, dependable, economical used car to learn on (and have your first accident with) - it's happened that way for MOST of us. I'm not trying to "rain on your parade", and I hope Dodge makes the Challenger long enough so you can get a new one - AFTER you've got a few years behind the wheel under your belt, and you're not a "slave" to the financial burden.
I don't think that was disrespectful at all. Actually, I think I'd have been remiss as a co-enthusiast, parent, and a responsible adult if I didn't make these statements.
There have been a lot of "elders" that helped shape my life with thier advice. If I didn't take it for it's intended meaning at the time, I never forgot it and found use for it later.
I think I'd have had no respect for someone who knew better than I and DIDN'T share thier experience, wisdom and knowledge with me - and it cost me dearly later.
I don't discourage his passion for the Challenger. With the expected performance of the equipment we're all under the impression this car will be made with, I expect NONE of us would have been capable of properly controlling it at his age, let alone exercising good judgment when a questionable situation (challenge from another teenager) arose.
As far as "ganging up" on him, I'd prefer to look at it as the expression of a "consensus".
Old 06-22-2007, 06:55 AM

Well im a first time poster here but ive been tuned in everyday for any news on the new challenger. I too am only 15 years old and i can relate to what your feeling here. The looks, the power, the whole aspect of the challenger is awsome. But the idea of purchasing one at such an age is not a very smart choice. I would wait until you get some experience under your belt. As i've read your parents can afford nice vehicles for you, but instead of going right into 426 hp beast drive maybe a v6 charger (was mentioned before) just to get some experience dealing with the road and not to mention the other bad drivers you will come across. My dad use to have 70 hemi challenger and a pair of 318 panther pink convertibles. He sold them when me and my sister were introduced into this world. So hopefully my mom will let him get another chance to drive a hemi challenger without having to pay 250,000 or more for and authentic one . But what im getting to is that even if does get one (he better) i can tell you right now i will not be driving it by choice. I understand what kind of car that is, and if i did get behind the wheel I would'nt be goin over 40Kmh. I have fun driving my dads canyon I5, its preppy but its not a rubber burner. Ill wait until i get atleast 5 years experience before i drive one of those monsters. Anyway just my 2 cents coming from the perspective of another 15 year old with the challenger craze.

Mr.Myers
Toronto (mississauga), Ontario

Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 AM

I agree with you, awsure. He comes here asking a simple question and gets called a "know it all" and an "obviously spoiled child." The fact that he withstood two days of this before responding to the attitude in-kind shows me more patience and self-control than any other 15 year-old I know. Those are qualities that bode well for a responsible driver.

I appreciate all the helpful suggestions that were offered here. I hope he takes them to heart. But if you don't think you've been "piling-on" him, just take a look at the thread title and count how many posts actually are on-topic.

Heat

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?