Thread: Hello, goodbye

tolije is offline Junior Member

Default Hello, goodbye

I have been here less than a week. Haven't had the opportunity to read much since I am on the road working most of the time. I did, however receive the following IM from another member with ZERO posts. I can't take the chance of my system being infected with anything, so can the ADMINs please cancel my account. I will not be back.

Quote Originally Posted by DennieeAdamz
    Your computer was noticed in email spam. It is quite possible that it is a part of botnet (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet). Strongly recommend you to scan your computer for malware. You can do it online at: http://total-scan.org/spammers/mimko...ramtrah;tolije
    Please, follow this. Otherwise I have to send abuse mail to your ISP with all the ensuing consequences.
    Truly yours, Dennis Adams.
    DennieeAdamz View Public Profile Send a private message to DennieeAdamz Send email to DennieeAdamz Find all posts by DennieeAdamz Add DennieeAdamz to Your Contacts

wp23n is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tolije View Post
    I have been here less than a week. Haven't had the opportunity to read much since I am on the road working most of the time. I did, however receive the following IM from another member with ZERO posts. I can't take the chance of my system being infected with anything, so can the ADMINs please cancel my account. I will not be back.

DennieeAdamz View Public Profile Send a private message to DennieeAdamz Send email to DennieeAdamz Find all posts by DennieeAdamz Add DennieeAdamz to Your Contacts
    your kidding right???? if you took the time to read the site you would see that the staff has been trying to get a handle on the problem and all you would have to do is shut down your PMs temporarily until the problem is fixed.
    i shut mine down a week ago because i think the staff and the site is worth sticking with for a while.

cfan is offline Member

Default hello goodbye

I have to agree with wp23n---they're doing their best to stay on top of the spammers. I go to my messages and delete without opening,I hope I'm doing it right. This site is fairly new and I --for one--hope it stays. There are alot of great members!!!

stevelegel is offline Senior Member

his loss to leave..we have a good group here, no bashing each other, no politics
    Steve

RareTA is offline Senior Member

I Agree....it's worth staying around. The problem will get fixed.
    09 Challenger R/T
    70 Challenger T/A
    74 Duster

Web site: http://freiss.co.nr

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left!

Doozle is offline Member

Hey tolije,
    don't let the bastards (spammers) get you down. if you click on the off topic ttab section you'll see many lists of known spammers & the moderators responses to them. Hey I don't like recieving this stuff either. Try and hang in their a little bit longer otherwise the spammers end up winning.

Hope this helps!

Doozle.