Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-15/)
-   -   Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-15/mopar-supercharger-coming-nov-3670/)

djb0308 08-06-2008 08:04 AM

RE: Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov

Are you planning on some type of cooler assembly for this kit?? As oppsosed to the "band-aided" kits?

mjorgensen 08-06-2008 11:01 AM

The Vortech kit will come with intercooling in the form of air to water in an enclosed system.

ORIGINAL: djb0308

Are you planning on some type of cooler assembly for this kit?? As oppsosed to the "band-aided" kits?

djb0308 08-06-2008 12:40 PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. I'm sure these answers are going to help others besides myself. I'm looking forward to recieveing my 09, and probably contacting you for service. Thanks again

npeifer 08-06-2008 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

The Vortech kit will come with intercooling in the form of air to water in an enclosed system.

Is this because of the space needed for an air-to-air system ?

mjorgensen 08-06-2008 02:35 PM

Yes and the added cost of the fixtures and install time. You would most likely add $1500 plus to the base cost for air to air set up.

ORIGINAL: npeifer

Is this because of the space needed for an air-to-air system ?

npeifer 08-06-2008 02:57 PM

Also Paxton Vortech have an impecable reputation and great customer service that is why I have stuck with them exclusively for the Vipers.
I have had multiple issues with Vortech V1 and V5 superchargers in the past but would still consider using them with the right setup.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-06-2008 03:15 PM

It appears the Vortech V-3 is the recommended supercharger for the Hemi that they have with a closed oil system which is different that their other sytems which use the engine oil.

werewolf 08-08-2008 08:05 PM

hey guys, don't get my wrong, i'm a HUGE fan of the 6.1L HEMI ... the forged crank & strong bearing caps are a beautiful (not to mention the wonderful cylinder heads, of course)! But powder-metal rods and hypereutectic (cast) pistons, plus a high static compression ratio, are not exactly a recipe for substantial boost. In comparison, the GT500 has all forged internals, and a lower compression ratio to support the stock blower, and even healthy boost increases.

Guess i'm just advocating some careful attention, especially if engine longevity is a big concern.

Andre@Edge 08-08-2008 08:20 PM

Great point werewolf. I dont see the hype on the supercharger when a guy would not want more then 4.5 pounds of boost against stock internals! You can get the same power with a tune and bolt on's. Now, if you swap out the rotating assembly and dropped compression....

The new semi hemi is a great block. Awesome numbers from 370ci... Just has its limits and N/A is the safe way.

MoMopar 02-10-2009 05:28 AM

Ok, so it's Febraury now... has anyone heard anything more on the supercharger from Mopar???