Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Dodge Challenger update

Old 01-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger update

Latest news:

"Challenger available 1st Qtr 2008

6 Speed Manual is a go

6.4L or newer engines with better economy with 500+ HP is heavily being looked"

Does this mean MDS......who knows?

Don't even bother asking where this came from. This is all I know for now.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Dodge Challenger update

i would be impressed to see that kind of power, but id be afraid to see the price tag...it would become another viper...a vehicle that doesnt sell well due to the price.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:06 PM

A good friend owns a Dodge dealership in PA. and nothing is released to when and what the challenger will have or cost. No offense but until DC releases it in black and white, I'll be stuck driving my Z-71 Tahoe with my kid throwing animal crackers at the back of my head.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

im from PA, and worked for a dealership...can i ask who you know?

i do, however, agree with you...but there are a few of us on this site who have the occassional chat with a DCX mgmt member. these comments seem perfectly believable...but i wont hold my breath on being able to afford a 500hp model based on their prior pricing tables.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

6.4L or newer engines with better economy with 500+ HP is heavily being looked.
I'd take this in one of two ways.
1. They are going to add more modern technology to the 6.4L such as Direct Injection and/or MDS to improve the mileage.
Or
2. They are going to use a modified version of the 4.7L might be used. The 4.7L is supposively going to be updated before long (3 valves per cylinder); perhaps, they are planning on supercharging it, making a larger version, or making a combo of the two.

I personally would doubt this one seriously and I hope this is NOT the route they choose on top of that. The 4.7L is like the Ford Modular design, it doesn't seem that it can get any decent power without forced air induction. The thing that has turned me off of the Mustang is their use of OHC engines. They just seem out of place in a muscle car. I prefer pushrods in muscle cars.

I used to be a big Mustang fan until they dropped the 302/5.0L (actually it was more of a 4.9L but most people don't know that). I loved the '95 Cobra R with the 5.8L/351 Windsor. I wish they would have mass produced that model so then they could have a chance in competiting against the Trans Am and SS. The 4.6L has never gained my respect and neither has the 4.7L.

Hopefully it will be through technology. Also it might be due to the transmission. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think the W5A580 transmission used in the LX cars was designed for this level of torque. I think I read somewhere that the torque limit is somewhere in the mid-400s ft-lbs. I'll discuss this in another topic.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-29-2007, 06:30 PM

Any further news as to where they will be assembled ??? Brampton Assembly gets rolling again on Sunday Night,, Finally!!!..As I mentioned before, I'll pass on any changes I've noticed if possible. ( Yes, DaimlerChrysler probably monitors this site for any breach of confidentiality I presume !!! )
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM

I'm pretty sure at this stage DCX will simply grin at the bunch of us pouncing on the occasional tidbit you can throw us. All a little leak does is whet the appetite that much more...[8D]
Old 01-29-2007, 10:31 PM

Well, it's starting to look like I was right about a 6.4!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:52 AM

Is that supposed to be the high end of the Challenger's spectrum or the only spectrum? If it's the only thing available, count me out.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

The high end for starters.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Dodge Challenger update