Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Instrument Panel - MPH Instead of Km/h?

Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Panel - MPH Instead of Km/h?

This may be a bit pre-mature but I live in Toronto, Canada, what do you think the chances are that I could get a Toronto dealer to give me MPH on my gauges instead of km/h?

I want it for nostalgia reasons....plus it looks so much better!!

Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Instrument Panel - MPH Instead of Km/h?

Legally not possible but you may be able to modify it electronically as with the Corvettes.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM

Nostalgia....smastagia!!! I'm not buying any of that Rob.

Rob and Officer Merv Scene

I can picture it now! There's Rob cruising up the 400 series highway (that's the local interstate to our U.S. friends) on his way to cottage country.

Lo and Behold, Rob gets pulled over by the constabulary (state trooper) in the white vehicle with the red cherries on top.

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif] " Well, good day fella. Do you realize you were exceeding the local speed limit! I clocked you overpassing that group of minivans at over 160 KPH.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] " Officer, honest....I was NO way speeding on our highway. Just come look at my speedometer. I didn't go one click over the measured 100 on the speedometer!

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif] "Well, let me see that speedometer of yours. Lemme have a seat in your front seat.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif]"Well officer, would you like to take my Challenger for a spin to personally check out the speedometer?

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif]"Well, that is not a normal procedure for us. But, seeing as how you insist on me checking it out, I will assist in this manner. Young man, I really enjoy how these buckets seats hold you in place. Wish my Crown Vic came with them.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] "Officer, you should see it go around corners........I mean you don't hear a thing......it's real quiet inside. I don't use the stereo much cause it distracts me too much. I would rather concentrate on the road, two hands on the wheel, sitting up straight, and naturally completely buckled in.

Officer Merv,[sm=shades.gif] "Well, this car seems pretty fast for 100 kph. Maybe your speedometer needs to be recalibrated?

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] OK officer. I promise to bring it to my Chrysler dealership to check out the speedometer.

To summarize, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all. Canadian Challengers owners should switch their speedometer calibration to the U.S. figures. Speeds will never be the same.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned

You forgot all the 'eh's.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Blu Angel

Nostalgia....smastagia!!! I'm not buying any of that Rob.

Rob and Officer Merv Scene

I can picture it now! There's Rob cruising up the 400 series highway (that's the local interstate to our U.S. friends) on his way to cottage country.

Lo and Behold, Rob gets pulled over by the constabulary (state trooper) in the white vehicle with the red cherries on top.

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif] " Well, good day fella. Do you realize you were exceeding the local speed limit! I clocked you overpassing that group of minivans at over 160 KPH.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] " Officer, honest....I was NO way speeding on our highway. Just come look at my speedometer. I didn't go one click over the measured 100 on the speedometer!

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif] "Well, let me see that speedometer of yours. Lemme have a seat in your front seat.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif]"Well officer, would you like to take my Challenger for a spin to personally check out the speedometer?

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif]"Well, that is not a normal procedure for us. But, seeing as how you insist on me checking it out, I will assist in this manner. Young man, I really enjoy how these buckets seats hold you in place. Wish my Crown Vic came with them.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] "Officer, you should see it go around corners........I mean you don't hear a thing......it's real quiet inside. I don't use the stereo much cause it distracts me too much. I would rather concentrate on the road, two hands on the wheel, sitting up straight, and naturally completely buckled in.

Officer Merv,[sm=shades.gif] "Well, this car seems pretty fast for 100 kph. Maybe your speedometer needs to be recalibrated?

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] OK officer. I promise to bring it to my Chrysler dealership to check out the speedometer.

To summarize, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all. Canadian Challengers owners should switch their speedometer calibration to the U.S. figures. Speeds will never be the same.
And I thought I was a character
Old 02-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Rob

LOL...seriously

Officer Merv sounds like a cool guy ...except it would probably be that damn Cam Wooley!!! Haha

On the sane side of the topic. I'm almost thinking I'll buy it in the US if I have to, then bring it across the boarder, not sure what I have to do to make that whole thing legal though...might be a pain in the arse.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:38 AM

Blu Angel is starting to make me think Strange Brew was a documentary.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 AM

ORIGINAL: ED1971PA

Blu Angel is starting to make me think Strange Brew was a documentary.
You mean you actually thought it was a movie?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob

LOL...seriously

Officer Merv sounds like a cool guy ...except it would probably be that damn Cam Wooley!!! Haha

On the sane side of the topic. I'm almost thinking I'll buy it in the US if I have to, then bring it across the boarder, not sure what I have to do to make that whole thing legal though...might be a pain in the arse.
Don't forget our OPP (the guys that patrol the 400 series highways) will be sporting new black and white cars come this May.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:53 PM

Rob,

I believe Transport Canada has the guidelines necessary for importing car from the U.S.

However, I remember reading that one of the major differences between the Canadian and U.S. regulations is the bumper stipulation. In Canada, our cars must meet the 8 kph crash without sustaining any damage. Some cars meet the Canadian standard, others may need some minor changes and others need the whole bumper to be changed.

Perhaps BAP_WORKER can enlighten us on this subject.

Quick Reply: Instrument Panel - MPH Instead of Km/h?