Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger markup

Old 02-26-2007, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger markup

Hello everyone, new to the forum. Have been reading for a while.
Just wanted to give my side of a dealer experience that happened tonight.

Finally found a dealer that would take a deposit so went for a little road trip.
Very friendly experience, with the salesman and GM.
Before they took my deposit, the GM says "you do realize there is going to be a markup"
Well I knew there would be to be honest (5K - sound about right?)

GM says - it probably going to be 15-20K.
I wish they had a smiley icon where it blows its brains out here, cause I'd use it.

I'm so dissapointed right now.
He said it was only going to be a one year run like the Shelby GT 500's.

Anyone have any points of view?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Challenger markup

Go to another dealership.......what ever markup they put on it is dealer specific.

By the way, welcome aboard and enjoy the Challenger passion.

Once we find out what happens to Chrysler, we will have a better feeling about how long they will sell it.

I have to believe it will run for about 3 years but nobody knows.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:31 PM

I agree with Jeremiah.

Go to another dealership ASAP![sm=gears.gif]

I plan on paying no more than MSRP......actually I am hoping to buy the Challenger with a DCX factory employee discount!

That's my plan for now and we'll see what the reality is when the Challenger finally hits the road.

BTW,[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the Challenger board.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Markup = AS MUCH AS THEY CAN GET! I think you can do better when the time comes but trust me on this: te guy cannot be serious about a one year run... how the HELL would he know that? Besides...no dealer invests the capital into a 1 year run for a car. I can't even think think of a car that had a one year run...anybody?
Old 02-26-2007, 06:14 PM

I can see a one year run with one special option (whatever that may be and being numbered), but your right about the investment in the car for Dodge.
I wouldnt argue that.
I guess that solidified my being a second year run buyer.

All the other dealers in the area, wont even talk list or deposits now.

The dealer also has Ford, he sad they just got 20K over on a Shelby 500.
Which I dont doubt, must be nice to have stupid money.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:25 PM

Chrysler wouldn't put the resources required into tooling up for production if they only had one year to make it back, especially with the demand.

The dealer is trying to get you to get you to pay as much as possible for the car. He's trying to scare you into paying as much as he can get you to pay it.

Most responsible dealers won't take deposits yet, as they are being told almost nothing yet.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Rob

Blu Angel,

You get DCX employee discount? How can you get that? PM me, if you like.

R
Old 02-26-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: awsure

Markup = AS MUCH AS THEY CAN GET! I think you can do better when the time comes but trust me on this: te guy cannot be serious about a one year run... how the HELL would he know that? Besides...no dealer invests the capital into a 1 year run for a car. I can't even think think of a car that had a one year run...anybody?
LOL, I can't either. Even the Edsel, Corvair, Gremlin, Pinto, and Pacer ran for more than one year.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: 08plumcrazy

....GM says - it probably going to be 15-20K.
I wish they had a smiley icon where it blows its brains out here, cause I'd use it.

This is the closest I could find, lol [sm=bangbang.gif]. But you should follow the previous posts. Shop around, they will always be those who pay more for the same product, but I think that most of the people on this site will be able to get one ( I just hope I am one of them). Personally, I cannot afford > 35k so all I can do is save and haggle so the dealer wont eat up all of my down payment and wash it down with my monthly payments or interest rate [sm=gobble.gif] [sm=icon_guiness.gif]. Good look man and I hope you and everyone here is gets one
Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned

don't sweat it bro, w/ a little wrangling they will not let a fish get away.

For Ex I went looking for a 06 C-SRT when they first came out. The MSRP was $43K but BUT they added a "Market Adj Fee" of almost $12K bringong it up to $55K[:@][:@]

I drove the car and complained about the crappy tranny btw the 2-3 and 3-4 shift.

Anyway we get back and I ask the guy wtf is the deal w/ the BS mark up ? he says we can work a little w/the #'s LOL.
I told him we better play w/ about $13 of those #'s.

So I left and called my local dealer and told me they have 5 SRT's and they are MSRP. I went over and was gonna buy the Blk one but that tranny issue was a deal breaker. I went and got a 06 M3 for almost the same price $62K, as the cough cough $55K Charger.

Quick Reply: Challenger markup