Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New To Here From Indianapolis!

Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Here From Indianapolis!

Hey guys, just thought I would give a quick hello. I will start off with, my name is Joah, I live in Indianapolis, In. I am 22, going to be a whole 23!! YAY in July. Lol... I will post up some pictures of my lovely (not really) Jetta that I am stuck with. And also my more favorite 99 Dakota. I simply LOVE the new Challenger. I can't get over it. I have been looking closely over the last year, not really sure if I want to wait or not. But, I think I'm pretty set on it. And even if I don't want to keep the Jetta until then. I'll just buy a older Honda to drive. The Jetta has just been a mess since I bought it back in Jan. 2005. Tranny problems, Elc. problems, suspension problems and a lot of other things I don't have time to type lol.. I hope to have a very long stay around here. And be part of the ones getting an early start on the forums. For now I'll leave you guys with this. We are building a new home and I have to run my dad to sign some more papers. Theres more to it then just buying a home already built, thats for sure. Joah
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 PM

Default RE: New To Here From Indianapolis!

Welcome, good luck with your Challenger and your home...
Old 03-17-2007, 05:52 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Welcome aboard Joah.

Great to see another young fella drawn to the Challenger muscle car. Don't forget to mention to dad that you really should buy a brand new car to go with that brand new house!

And you know EXACTLY which car to store in the garage.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-17-2007, 08:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys..

ORIGINAL: Blu Angel

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Welcome aboard Joah.

Great to see another young fella drawn to the Challenger muscle car. Don't forget to mention to dad that you really should buy a brand new car to go with that brand new house!

And you know EXACTLY which car to store in the garage.[sm=gears.gif]
I was talking to my dad about me getting the Challenger. But he told me I didn't need to be looking a POS. He only likes Ford. The Crown Vic is the car he wants me to get. Because HE likes it. I keep trying to tell him the Crown Vic. is the POS! But he don't listen lol. No normal 22 year old wants to drive around in a old person car. My first car was a 95 Taurus, which he said would make a good car for me when he bought it. Not even a year later he says I shouldn't have picked out that Taurus because it was just a little pos. He had a 91 Crown Vic. at the time. I traded the Taurus in for the 99 Dakota which I still have. My dads Crown Vic. blew up and since he kept saying, "I can't get credit for another car!" I got stuck driving him to work and back for a good 2 months. He drove a truck over the road (retired now), so it wasn't set hours. It could be ANY time that I'd have to run out the door. I found a 98 Civic for sale and ended up talking him into it LOL.. So he just drove the Dakota from then on. Just about every day I heard from him, Why would you want a little pos like that?!

He HATES the fact that I don't like the Crown Vic. Or any other car like it. He thinks any car thats not a V8 RWD is a pos. But, when you talk to him about a V8 RWD, the "it's not a Crown Vic. so it's a pos" comes out of his mouth. So after I had the Civic for a year & 4 months I traded it in on the Jetta. BIGGEST mistake of my life. I should have kept the Civic, but can't go back in time, can ya? [:@]
The Civic was a 5spd and I have a bad left knee, so it hurt me pretty bad to drive it. Now I wish I would have just driven the Dakota when my knee hurt lolol.. I plan to buy a manual again. This Auto crap is old.
Anyways, I'm not worried because it's not his money buying the car. My sister had a wreck Dec. 2005 and was hurt pretty bad. Car totaled. Shes fine now but she is working on getting a settlement. She said she would give me enough to either buy a car, or put it down on one. As of right now, we are upside down on the Jetta, by $4,000. It's worth $8,000 and we still owe $12,700. That really was my dads fault though!

Ok, now that I have made this really long, I'll stop.
Ok ok, just one more thing.. A shot of the Jetta. A lot of problems but I still love the looks.
All black, which I love but I'll never again own a black car. Limo tint also brings out the looks.

Joah
Old 03-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

He thinks any car thats not a V8 RWD is a pos.
Okay based criteria on that tell him you want a Dodge Viper. LOL!

By the way, welcome aboard and enjoy the Challenger passion
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Welcome aboard! I use to own a 2002 Jetta 1.8T.. the only probs I've had with it were the electric windows went out (fixed at dealer) and hitting a concrete wall after my rear tire blew on me going about 60mph.[8D]
Old 03-20-2007, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Welcome aboard! I use to own a 2002 Jetta 1.8T.. the only probs I've had with it were the electric windows went out (fixed at dealer) and hitting a concrete wall after my rear tire blew on me going about 60mph.[8D]
Yeah, I seem to hear that a lot from Vw drivers and past drivers. But this has been the worst car I've ever had. I guess mine was made by a pissed off mexican on a Monday or Friday. For the ones here that don't know, either all or at least most of my car was built in Mexico. [sm=americanasmiley.gif] And thanks for the welcome guys!
Joah