Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Excessive Compulsive!!

Old 02-18-2006, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excessive Compulsive!!

I can not stop buying magazines, MPH, Automobile, Motor Trend, Road & Track, Hot Rod, etc., etc, about this car. I've got them all lined up across the top of the end table in my home office. My daughter (20 years old) said, stop it Dad, you're becoming an excessive compulsive nut over this car. My response, you're right!!

Think I'll go flip through the magazines again..[:'(][:'(]
Old 02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Excessive Compulsive!!

Paladin06 don't feel bad. I am doing the same thing and have the same magazines.
I read the magazines before I go to bed, at the breakfast table, on the toilet, etc. Ha! Ha!.

Just keep things in perspective and pay attention to them in this order.

1. God

2. Family

3. Job

4. Fun!!!!! Must make sure family has enough food to eat for the week before purchasing another magazine.

As long as you do this there is nothing wrong with dreaming and having fun.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:43 AM

I am at least as ate up with this car as you. I have all of the same magazines, visit all of the forums, have already started interviewing mechanics for potential upgrades, contacted dealers for lists and news events, compared the specs with every car imaginable, fantasized going through gears while I'm driving my daily driver, showed all of my old buddies pictures even if they don't care, started remodeling my garage to make room decided what toys I'm parting with to please the much better half . . . .

Are you now satisifed to have reminded me about this condition?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

I know how you feel. The thing that helps me is that I'm a complete and utter cheap skate. Think about it like this. There is nothing wrong with a automotive magazine. It could be "other" magazines that could ruin your life and a marriage for that matter. Just don't make the Challenger into a false god is all I have to say. Jeremiah 29:11's list of priorities is good advice. Good luck dealing with your "excessive compulsive" dissorder!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-28-2006, 11:11 AM

Sounds like someone needs a performance car in their life. Go out and by a Mustang, GTO or used F-body, then trade it in when the Challenger comes out. That ought to take your mind off the car, for awhile anyway.[sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM

I've got a performance car already, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/378213 , I just got to have a Challenger.
ORIGINAL: Racer X

Sounds like someone needs a performance car in their life. Go out and by a Mustang, GTO or used F-body, then trade it in when the Challenger comes out. That ought to take your mind off the car, for awhile anyway.[sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 02-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I've got a performance car already, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/378213 , I just got to have a Challenger.
ORIGINAL: Racer X

I wouldn't call a Solora a performance car per say, more of a near-luxury sporty coupe. But nice mods. Are you going to trade it in for a Challenger?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-28-2006, 03:25 PM

Well most people call a 1/4 mile, 13 sec car a performance car.

No, I'm gonna give it to my kid in a couple years. It's for show and an occassional go but not a daily driver.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Well most people call a 1/4 mile, 13 sec car a performance car.

No, I'm gonna give it to my kid in a couple years. It's for show and an occassional go but not a daily driver.
Yeah but stock it was around 16 sec range. The classification of a car must be judged on its stock form, so it is techincally a sporty coupe which has been modified into a performance car fighter.

Are you going to keep the mods in when you give it to your kid? If your kid is going to be a new driver, I would suggest a different car. It might be a little too fast for a person who is in driving training.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-01-2006, 07:24 AM

OK, I see where you're coming from. I can agree with that. Well I say my kid but, she will be 21 this year. She has been driving since her 16th birthday and I've got her in a pretty hot little Neon right now. Like her old man she knows there is no substitute for speed but a careful, defensive driver.