Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

392 Super Stock Challenger

Old 04-18-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 392 Super Stock Challenger

Edmunds.com posted a great article and clip concerning a drag test of the 392 Super Stock Challenger. It is awesome! See:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1 .*
Old 04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 392 Super Stock Challenger

Very nice article. Unfortunately the car is different enought that the concept will not many of the same features such as leaf spring and 3 speed automatic.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 PM

Ya, but its cool
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

One thing you can get is the crate engine.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 PM

I just flat love it...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

That is very impressive that they were able to get the top speed they got with only a three-speed with a 4.56 axle-ratio. Very impressive indeed. I'd just hate to hear what kind of fuel mileage that would get. It would probably rival a 1970 Challenger with a 426 Hemi in the fuel mileage department (and that is nothing to brag about). If you wanted to do the crate engine approach, you would probably either have to get a manual version or accept that you will only be able to use a three-speed Torque-flite because I read the W5A580 has a torque limit of 427ft-lbs. Unless one of the newer 4-speeds based off of the Torque-flites would work, I think you would be up a creak in terms of fuel economy.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-19-2007, 09:03 AM

Nice article. Nice!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Got me a new desktop background now!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:37 AM

Great article! Obviously the Challenger Super Stocker even impressed a snobby (?) auto journalist who probably has written a lot of favorable articles about refined, wine-sipping imports like the Honda Accord and BMWs and the like. Now he knows what us "piston rattling" speed freaks and Dukes of Hazzard-enamored redneck morons love about American muscle-they are sooooo much fun!!

Heck, if they had given the journalist snob a few more days behind the wheel of this modern firebreather, maybe they could have taught him to say something like-"Mopar or no car!" and have him actually mean it!!!! Of course I think the new Challenger will do more than go in a straight line and stay between the ditches with traction control-whata ya think?

The really fun part of owning Mopars all these years has been teaching others to appreciate or at least respect them. I love to see the look on Brand-X owners' faces after I dust them in a street race. Better yet I like to hear their immediate reactions or excuses after they just got beat by a "junky" Dodge. These days they always want to know how much nitrous you have on board. Of course I have never put NOS on a car I own. If it needs that, you need a real engine in the car and that means you bought the wrong car/brand in the first place.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:38 AM

demort71 I'm afraid. You think just like me and thats scarey. The SS is just one way to stoke the embers and keep us on our seat about the new Challenger. I like the boys at SRT. That would be my dream job. I think I have been modifing cars ever since I've owned one. And all my cars are Dodges or their Japnese cousins. And not a stock one in the bunch.

Quick Reply: 392 Super Stock Challenger