Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
I'll pay anything to own one faster
7.27%
Want one fast, but 10% markup
15.45%
Want one fast, not a cent more than MSRP
25.45%
Will wait until MSRP or less
35.45%
Would never pay MSRP
11.82%
I'm so cheap I will buy one used 5 years from now
4.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

Old 12-26-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

That's certainly a fair statement & I say kudos to Mustang for its longevity. It's high time they had some competition for those dollars people pony up (sorry...could not resist).[8D]

I have already seen an ad for significant discounting of Mustangs this year though. You know they are going to get hit by Challenger and Camaro in the next few years. They know it too.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:59 AM

you see discounts for mustangs because after the 05 model year sales have been dropping steadily
Old 12-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Not to be a jerk - but Mustang was introduced to the public at the New York World's Fair on April 17, 1964 and has NEVER ceased production! Unlike it's two biggest wannabe "competitors" / challengers....
I would hope that you would think I was a little smarter than that.

What I am referring to is the new model year 2009 Mustang, then of course you have the newly designed 2010 model on the horizon.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:13 AM

Of course I do...I just found your statement somewhat amusing, that's all.

I can't wait to see what the intro of the Challenger and Camaro do to price of specialty Mustangs; more specifically the Shelby GT and Shelby GT500. In 2009 if you can get a GT500 for the same price (give or take) as an SRT-8 Challenger, I guarantee that takes a huge chunk out of potential Challenger buyers! Which means more units available for us...at a reasonable price! Dontcha just love competition? God Bless America!!! That might just be wishful thinking however because I don't see any let-up in sight for the $10-$20k markups the stealerships are STILL getting for the GT500s! I was on ebay yesterday and saw an `07 GT500 convertible going for $56k+! WTF???

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Not to be a jerk - but Mustang was introduced to the public at the New York World's Fair on April 17, 1964 and has NEVER ceased production! Unlike it's two biggest wannabe "competitors" / challengers....

What I am referring to is the new model year 2009 Mustang, then of course you have the newly designed 2010 model on the horizon.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

Of course I do...I just found your statement somewhat amusing, that's all.

I can't wait to see what the intro of the Challenger and Camaro do to price of specialty Mustangs; more specifically the Shelby GT and Shelby GT500. In 2009 if you can get a GT500 for the same price (give or take) as an SRT-8 Challenger, I guarantee that takes a huge chunk out of potential Challenger buyers! Which means more units available for us...at a reasonable price! Dontcha just love competition? God Bless America!!! That might just be wishful thinking however because I don't see any let-up in sight for the $10-$20k markups the stealerships are STILL getting for the GT500s! I was on ebay yesterday and saw an `07 GT500 convertible going for $56k+! WTF???

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

With gas prices through the roof, a possible recession on the way, the intro of the GT500KR and the Super Snake, and the aging of the current Mustang model and imminent Mustang update for 2010, the prices of the gt500 mustangs should come down even if Challenger and Camaro weren't coming soon. it's crazy that a GT500 convertible costs almost as much as three base model Mustangs. Now if only Ford could make the Taurus and Focus as popular as the GT500...

One thing is for certain, it's good to be a car guy nowadays. There's a bunch of good, fast cars out or coming very soon, not just from the US but from Germany and Japan too.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 AM

with the world the way it is now i just can't see this muscle car resurgance lasting anymore than 5 years
Old 12-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, and I agree except I think we may not see but 3 years of muscle cars wars.

History sure does repeat itself.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:34 AM

Kind of what I've been pondering as well. I am thinking just by the nature of economics and such that the bulk of support for the new muscle car era will likely be 3 to 5 years. Nothing to base it on other than just a gut feel and historic observation. Insurance costs, fuel prices, government meddling, the pending "go green" initiatives and general state of the economy will probably cut things short is my guess. Leads me to question whether one outta get while the gettin' is hot, or wait for things to really die down?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

I will plan to get a 2009 model either next Christmas or a 2010 model. I think the 2010 will be an LY chassis.

If I suspect the economy is going good I will get a 2010. I am hoping that another
special edition will come out that will catch my eye.

Kind of like the GT500KR, Shelby, etc..
Old 12-31-2007, 11:44 AM

As far as the poll is concerned......I don't mean to be rude, but..............................some people have too much time on their hands.

Quick Reply: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price