Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Yup another noob.. but I think I just screwed up

Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yup another noob.. but I think I just screwed up

Ok so I just jumped in line for the Challenger.
I am the previous owner of a 06 Daytona Charger.
I think I just screwed myself tho. I was having several issues with the Charger that was really pissing me off
So I flipped on my sales mgr. And the owner offered to take the Daytona on a trade.
Kinda took me by surprise, and after thinking about it. I went for it. I got a awesome deal to get me outta the Charger. But my thought process was that the Challenger was coming out in 09 not 08. I kinda want to wait until the 2nd year so the bugs can be worked out.
So now I am starting over with a new loan on a 07 Jeep. and I have lost a year.
Really hope this works out now. Ill be pissed if I have to wait until the 3rd year.

Pray for me please! lol
Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Default RE: Yup another noob.. but I think I just screwed up

Wow sounds like quite a little problem there. Anyway welcome along!!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM

Welcome, and good luck. Hope for the best. If you can, you may want to put more money a month into your loan and make sure you let them know that the extra goes towards the principal of the loan, so you can get what you owe less than what the car is worth by the time the 2nd gen comes out. I have been doing this with the mustang, for other reasons though, like trying to look even better for lenders for a new home this summer.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son has a Go Man Go Dodge Daytona. He has no problems as of yet. What problems did you have with the Daytona. Engine? Trans? Suspension? Anyways welcome to the Forums and good luck on your wait.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site, ManGO! Why did you trade it in now if the Challenger hasn't even been released yet? I'd just hold on to the Charger until I was ready for the Challenger, depending on the problem. What was the problem?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 AM

My problems with the Mango were nothing earth shattering, just petty and annoying.
I fought dcx for 6 months with brake squeal. Also found out that that lug wrench did not fit my stock lugs on stock wheels. That was a 6 week battle with dcx for them to pay for the tire that I destroyed. DCX told me there is no fix and to buy a breaker bar and socket to carry with me. It was the last 2 issues that just put me over the top. I had a clunking sound when I made a slow right turn. The service shop was unable to find the problem. They heard it but could find the cause. It was deemed normal. And the last straw was when the car died on the HWY doing 70. It just stalled out. I was told it blew a fuse. Kinda funny cause it was me who blew my fuse.

The dealer offered to buy me out. I took it and ran. Things were not looking good at 30k. I didnt want to go another 30k and deal with the crap. I drive by the dealer daily, the car is sitting dead center on the lot. I look at it & feel nothing. Which is really strange. I loved the car. it was gonna get detailed and tinted the day after it died. I guess I just lost my trust in the car.

I traded it cause I got my dates messed up. I thought the Challenger was coming in 09. I was planing on waiting a year anyways.
Two upsides tho. I have started a Challenger Fund. And the wife really likes my Commander. She may let me trade her 07 wrangler when it comes down to the time. Wrangler normally hold more value and will have a ton less mileage.

Leer Id have your son check the lug wrench tho. Everything else is a crap shoot on what will act up.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Welcome..
Old 05-17-2007, 03:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mango we'll look at the lug wrench and see if it fits. A Challenger fund is a smart idea and the only way for me to go. I don't like car payments and if I have one I want it to be low as possible. Take it easy and thanks for the advice.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Okay so you got a lemon. Understandable. From my experience, when a car has a list of problems from day one, they will have problems until the day you get rid of it no matter which brand or what country it was built in.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts