Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings

Old 06-09-2007, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings

Greetings ALL......

Since I plan on getting the new Challenger, I wanted to join the forum to gain insight on it.

I have a 2005 GTO and will be adding the Challenger, not getting rid of the GTO.

I do show my car at area car shows and cannot wait to add my Challenger (once I get it) to show as well once I get it.

Hope you don't mind if I hang with you guys.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 AM

Default RE: Greetings

Welcome..
Old 06-09-2007, 11:51 AM

Thank You..... greatly appreciated.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:17 PM

Nice Charger pic. Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

Nice Charger pic. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks... I came across that concept Pic just after the current Charger was released. Too bad they didn't build that concept one, depending on price they wouldn't be able to keep them on the lots. I may have opted for instead of the GTO that even though I have been a Judge fan for a long long time.

I once saw a concept pic of a new Chevelle SS. It was silver with black stripes with a cow induction hood. It looked damn nice... That car never made it either. Maybe it wasn't supposed to, I don't know. It looked close to a 1970 SS. Someone has it, I have not been able to locate the pic since.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:41 AM

I remember seeing pics of that charger is was beautiful. Their was also a concept drawing of the charger, about a year or two before the release date, that had almost looked identical to the 69 charger. I wish that's what they would've went with, either way I like the look of the new chargers.

welcome to the site!!

Is that an aftermarket hood on your GTO? I thought that they didn't put hood scoops on until 2006, either way it looks good.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: jdb840

I remember seeing pics of that charger is was beautiful. Their was also a concept drawing of the charger, about a year or two before the release date, that had almost looked identical to the 69 charger. I wish that's what they would've went with, either way I like the look of the new chargers.

welcome to the site!!

Is that an aftermarket hood on your GTO? I thought that they didn't put hood scoops on until 2006, either way it looks good.

Thanks !! The hood scoops came out in 2005. I ordered the GM Sports Appearance Package when I ordered the car. Dealer ordered and installed. I wanted something different than the standard run GTO. That Package was discontinued during the 2006 model run. Finding those parts are now difficult (some cannot be found) and if found they are getting 2-3x times the factory ordered price. I am keeping it completely OEM with the GM certified kit.

The car I ordered is 1 of 516 built in 05. 4.6% were silver/black/m6/17" tires.
Factor in the kit, the percentage of 05's identical to mine is most probably 1% or less.

I do have pics of the concept Charger....I will post them in the off topic section.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:43 AM

I have to say your GTO is definitly one of the best looking one's i've seen. Something about it just makes it look mean.
I've got a 99 Grand Prix GTP, and are kind of similar in styling.

The concept drawing that i'm talking about is a little different than the pics you have. It's in an old mopar muscle magazine about 2-3 years ago. I remember someone draw the charger and said this is what it should look like. If I find the pic I will try to upload it, I know I save that mag for that very reason. I will still have to go through like 200 or so mags to find it, I have just about every issue over the last 10 years or so.

I still like that concept car alot better than the chargers out now
Old 06-20-2007, 10:21 AM

Thanks. I've been told it looks like it's going 100 mph sitting still. Can't wait to add the Challenger to the stable.

I'd love to see the pic of that concept Charger. I forget how I came across the ones I have.

My favorite year Charger is 69. Love the 68's too in Red. I show my car, and there are a couple of 69's showing all the time as well. One is a Super Bee the other is the RT. Black stripe around the back end... God I want that car.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that old charger concept slated to be an alternate fuel vehicle?

Sick GTO btw. That LS2 is a solid platform. I was looking at those when i was shopping for my Z but they were still making them with the LS1s. I might be driving something different if the LS2 had been out

Quick Reply: Greetings