Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Shipping Issues

Old 06-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping Issues

So, looks like Dodge and the shippers are in no hurry to get our cars to us. I found out on Thursday morning that my car had arrived at the rail yard 25 miles from the dealership. Well, I drove to the rail yard today, and there she is, sitting in the rail yard still! I called Allied Systems who is supposedly shipping the car to my dealer. They are closed on Saturday and Sunday and do not ship after 5 pm on Fridays. I'm glad Dodge picked such a customer friendly shipper. Cassens is the only other car transporter that works out of my rail yard and they worked until 8 pm on Friday and 8 am until 6 pm on Saturdays. Thanks Dodge for looking out for your customers and getting them their cars quickly!
Needless to say, I've been fuming all day that my car is just sitting there in a lot since Thursday and I can't do anything about it!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1501/1570D299B11D43B9A3047DA8B9A57A47.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2008, 05:26 PM

Default RE: Shipping Issues

I can understand everyone is anxious, but I think alot of it has to do with the internet these days. we have access to too much info. Back in the day, a new model would be delivered when it was delivered. Now that we know what we do, we expect things so much faster. I think we all should stop obsessing over when we will be getting our challengers as we all are acting like kids the night before christmas. And yes I have one ordered, and all this chatter is making me obsess too!!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:28 PM

JONO - you need to chill out before you blow a gasket.

Allied is the FINEST car tranporter in the business and you should be happy that Chrysler has a contract with them. In the grand scheme of things - another couple of days is not going to matter. It's worth waiting for.

Enjoy your car when you get it in a few days................my '09 won't get here until October if lucky.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:32 PM

Yeah JONO... what 73challenger said...

I would be happier than a pig in snot if I knew mine was so close to my doorstep... as it is, heck... I may not see my 2008 until October if lucky...
Old 06-21-2008, 06:52 PM

Heck, I'm just glad they are making the car!!!!
I am waiting for mine also!!
Hang in there!! Good things come to those who wait!!
There is no way they could build and deliver all these cars at once so as not to Pee anybody off!!!!
I'm waiting with ya!!!!! See ya at the track!!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:54 PM

BE THANKFUL IT WAS PARKED AND NOT DRIFTING THROUGH THE RAILYARD WITH SOME DRUNK CONDUCTOR PLAYING "I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THE RAILROAD" ON YOUR $900 DOLLAR SOUND SYSTEM.......LOL......
Old 06-21-2008, 06:56 PM

I would love to just see my silver one get past D1

Stay sane bud. No matter when it arrives it's one of 6400

Old 06-21-2008, 07:32 PM

"BE THANKFUL IT WAS PARKED AND NOT DRIFTING THROUGH THE RAILYARD WITH SOME DRUNK CONDUCTOR PLAYING "I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THE RAILROAD" ON YOUR $900 DOLLAR SOUND SYSTEM.......LOL......"

haha that is great imagery there.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:37 PM

Jono I feel your pain that would suck rocks to be able to set there and see your car but not touch it . I am working on being able to pick mine up from the rail yard so I have no wait .
Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 PM
awc

I also can understand your frustration. To be so close and yet so far has got to be aggravating

Quick Reply: Shipping Issues