Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumors- Who to Believe?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

More rumors...as posted by someone on challengertalk.com:

"I wasn't told anything on pricing, other than it would be "very competitive" with the Mustang & Camaro. Also, my source said the 4.0L V6 would not be part of the initial vehicle launch, but would be available soon after. I was also told that the annual production would be "up to 100,000" units."
Old 06-28-2007, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A supplier on challengertalk.com has raved about the interior of the new Challenger. He said "You guys should SEE the dash, the dash upgrade options and the interior colors and seat options." Sounds exciting!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop teasing us already & let loose your source. I have information from my brother in law's cousin's next door neighbor's father in law but I just am not sure I trust the info.

[8D]
Old 06-28-2007, 10:35 AM

Here is the latest.
As I said in previous post, Twinsburg Stamping Plant (TSP) is slated to stamp many of the major components for the Challenger, including the hood and the trunk lid.

We still have no dies for the challenger in here yet at TSP. They have not even been sent out to be cast yet. Before the dies can be cast, the final approved challenger built from temporary tooling must be sent out for digitizing...this also has not been done yet. This is not good for those of us dying to get this awesome car! Simply put...no dies...no car!

DCX and TSP are in the process of launching the newly designed minivan...which takes utmost priority!

Ad to this new owners sometime in September?, and you have to wonder if DCX has intentions on spending thier money on a new vehicle that they will never get paid for.

The new owners have stated they intend to follow the current restructuring plan...but they were not specific on new model launches.

I'm an employee and waiting to buy one too!

If they do not move soon, 2008 may simply be a pipe dream!

I hope the new owners recognize what we already know...this car is badass and is going to sell!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 PM

I understand your concerns, hpjunky, but my "guarantee" is the Countdown Clock. It's still on their site.

Wouldn't it be a World Class PR blunder to post a Countdown Clock and miss the launch?

Surely they wouldn't let that happen. Maybe they move a little slower than we'd all like and produce fewer than they planned in the first year, but I'm confident a production model will be ready in February '08.

Am I being naive?

Heat
Old 06-28-2007, 07:02 PM

"Initial launch includes the V-6. It will be priced below the comparably powered Mustang"

No way in hell to both parts. Although I'd like to believe that.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

This is why I stay away from these discussions. All that happens is a bunch of myths emerge. We will know when it is released and that is that. The Challenger is going to be made and that is final. Just read the press section.

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m..._/tm.htm#13769

Remember that another forum is not an official source; therefore, don't treat one like an official source. It's called a "rumor" for a reason instead of a fact. Just be patient.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-29-2007, 04:48 AM

I keep hearing rumors of low production high price. Of course i put no faith in those rumors.

As long as they keep it at or under Mustang pricing, I'll sign and drive, guaranteed.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:52 AM

Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 AM

Hey whiteheat and all, I don't intend to be negative...just thought those on this site would appreciate fact from an employee, not rumor. As a die maker at TSP, I can't always estimate when a new vehicle will be launched...but I can tell you when it wont.

As I said earlier...no dies...no car. It really is that simple. There are no dies here. There are no dies cast. They haven't even digitized the final buy off! Once the dies get here, they will need finish work done then productionized. It simply takes time. They also have to submit cars for crash test of of actual production tooling to pass hiway safety regulations.

They still have time for an 08 launch...just really late in the year. Maybee August or so. I can assure you a cow will jump over the moon before you see a Challenger on the lot in February!!!

Sorry!

As I said, I want one badddddddddd too !!!

I too am tired of waiting!

Quick Reply: Rumors- Who to Believe?