Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Spy Photo!

Old 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo!

I thought HXC Performance showed showed it earlier on this thread. See below.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/CD0965E7F062485592897407F86CC5B9.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:19 AM

Ah, they're going to ruin it with a "B" pillar. It will look just like the concept car, they said.[:'(]
Old 07-20-2007, 08:44 AM

OMG. Honestly people, if the B-piller is the biggest of your worries then I would consider us very lucky. How often does a production car come out almost exactly the same as the concept? I would say that this is probably the best one out there, especially if you consider what the Charger started out like and what it turned into. On top of that, I don't think it's really gonig to change it all that much. Instead of that black mark/line there between the windows, you are going to have a little larger piller. To me, it's not going to be much different looking then the metal piece on this Challenger HERE
Old 07-20-2007, 11:09 AM

You're right. It won't make that much of a difference, until you go to put all 4 windows down for some nice summer evening open-air cruzin'. Besides the loss of chrome, the open-air ride from the 50's & 60's is probably gone for good. Too bad. It gave the car character.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:39 AM

Does a little window like that really make that much difference in the air flow? I'm not trying to be a smart #$$ or anything, I'm actually serious on all of this. I never experienced the 70s muscle cars, wasn't even born yet, so I don't know much about that stuff. I never really cared for the convertables, and still don't, nor am I a fan of chrome, except on the older cars. It just seems to fit then. On things like my Ram, when I had it, it had to be sport because I couldn't stand the chrome.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

I have said this before, but I am glad it has the pillar as it stiffens the chassis for better road handling since I am not a drag racer.
I am more interested in road handling. As far as open air ride goes, that is not the reason I want this car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:23 AM

I agree that the "B"pillar would add strength. So, if they need the "B"pillar for strength, DON'T EVER EXPECT TO SEE A CONV. CHALLENGER!! I am officially dropping the "B"pillar topic. This is my only peeve about the Challenger. It is absolutly AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dodge should be proud.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

So, if they need the "B"pillar for strength, DON'T EVER EXPECT TO SEE A CONV. CHALLENGER!!
Anytime they take a car and make a convertible out of it they have to strengthen the chassis to make up for it.

It is still not as good as a strong roof but they do make up for it that way.

That is why many times a convertible is heavier than it's sedan counterpart.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Yuck; knew there had to be someting ugly coming to it. The dreaded B-pillar. Can't they make the sedan on a similarly strengthened conv. chasis, and be gone with the ugly B-pillar (once and for all)?!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:10 PM

I learned something FIRST HAND...from the Chrysler Tech Center about the B pillar. Its presence, its purpose and its appearance. I promised not to post or tell. I just wanted it known, that...I know something you don't know...

Steve

Quick Reply: Spy Photo!