Notices
Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going Forced Induction.

Nitrous - From A 5.7L Hemi Owner

Old 09-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitrous - From A 5.7L Hemi Owner

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

there are up sides and down sides to every power adder, nitrous included. ive seen guys who have run bottled cars for years, who have perfectly tuned cars, and mid pass, something "goes wrong" with the nitrous setup....understand that while nitrous is cheap and super effective, it can also be VERY destructive should something go wrong.

ive dealt with a zex wet kit, and had excellent results. the problem is that many people dont have the smarts to wire everything up properly, and if your TPS switch isnt functioning properly and you run lean, it can do alot of damage in a hurry.

also, any forced induction setup, be it nitrous, turbo, or supercharger, increases the wear on an engine, especially one intended for NA use.
That's the problem for me.
While I can usually comprehend and apply anything I get my hands on in short order, not everything is spelled out and without experience with a "system" (be it supercharger, turbocharger or nitrous), lessons can be very costly since they're usually "reactive" as opposed to "proactive".
This brings up (personally) considerations as to which Hemi is most moddable. The 5.7 has a lower compression ratio, so (I would think) would be less susceptible to engine damage with forced induction than the higher SRT 6.1. Then again, with the SRT, you're starting with 85 more HP right off the showroom floor.
Decisions, decisions, decisions......
ive seen turbo kits with low boost on the 6.1 with impressive results...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitrous - From A 5.7L Hemi Owner

why even say mopar might come to an end. Don't ever imply that!! haha!!