Notices
78-83 Dodge Challenger Information Are you one of the rare owners of the Mitsubishi-made Challengers? Tell us about it here!

Real Challengers?

Old 03-18-2006, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Challengers?

...well, I had an old girlfriend that owned one...get this, Orange too!

Heck, anyway you look at it those were pretty dark days for Mopar in general...
Old 03-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

The 2nd posting is of an Oldsmobile Ciera.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Administrator

i kind of like it..and they make for great small block swap cars! [8D]
Old 03-22-2006, 11:21 AM

BadStatRT, you better have a small block in there, or we're pulling your "Man Card." LOL.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Administrator

seriously though..ive done a review of the sapporo/challenger, and everyone who owned one, spoke highly of them..evidently, they handled well, and consider the other cars at the time such as the mustang II, the challenger was fairly competitive!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:09 AM

Dodge should have done as Plymouth did and use an orignal name, something not of the muscle car era.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Administrator

plymouth didnt use an original name...they used the japanese name.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not crazy about the styling but comparing it to an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera/Ciera is just cruel and unusual, believe me I had one (I still have a special place in my heart for those, that is where my hate exists). I have never been a fan of rebadged cars made by other manufactures.

Sorry Patrick, but I can't stand the thought of buying a rebadged Mitsubishi when there is nothing in the powertrain that was designed or built by the Chrysler group. When I want a Dodge, I want a Dodge not a Mitsubishi. I know the LX cars and the upcoming Challenger is built on a Mercedes E-Class platform and are using a Mercedes 5-speed, but the difference to me is the fact that the engines are Chrysler designs and the cars are built in Chrysler plants.

This car is not a true Challenger in my opinion and should have been called something different. The "Charger" from the 80s was the biggest disgrace to the badge ever, it wasn't a bad car just nothing even remotely like the original. The current Charger at least is large, like the original, has powerful V8 options, and looks tough. I'm perfectly fine with the badge "Daytona" on that car from the late 80s to earily 90s. The fact is it didn't have the name "Charger Daytona" so I can't see how that could even be associated to the Charger Daytona. I liked the Daytonas.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-30-2008, 09:27 PM

I took mine + put a 340 in it caged it and reinteriored it have great fun it out corners the 70's challengers + My wife raced it all summer + put a lot of guys on the trailer the motor was a disgrace the chassis with a V-8 in it is awesome.twice what the 60's = 70's cars were.I love the 60's cars I race a 69 dodge dart but not in the corners.with the v-8 this is the best of both worlds.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:20 PM

I HAD A 78 CHALLENGER WE PULLED THE RUNNING GEAR AND ARE INSTALLING IT IN A 1948 CROSLEY WAGON... INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH THAT 78 CHALLENGER WITH THE MITSUBISHI 4 CYL DOES STILL USE A CHRYSLER 904 TRANS .. AND THAT MITS BELL HOUSING BOLTS TO THE LATER TURBO ECLIPSE 4 CYL MOTOR... I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS WITH COLTS THAT HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SWAP FOR A FEW YEARS NOW..
NO MATTER WHAT CAR THERE WILL ALWAYS A GROUP OF PEOPLE INTERESTED IN IT ..(LOOK IT UP I DID,YUGOS, LECAR, HYUNDAI) EVERY CAR HAS A FOLLOWING

Quick Reply: Real Challengers?