Notices
General 1970-1974 Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the E-body (1970-1974) Dodge Challenger

How long???

Old 08-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How long???

I had a chance to stop and think about how long I've owned my Challenger. Man I've had this car longer than most anything I own. I bought it in 1979 from my sister. This car was bought by her husband in 1975 and he was the second owner. I've had this car 28 years. He died of cancer at the early age of 24 and I wanted something to remember him by. I still think of him when I drive this car. It sure does'nt seem like its been that long. I have driven all over the south east in this car and it has memories. I have promised my son this car when I get too old to enjoy it. He's never shown too much interest in it until about a year ago. Now he has some questions. I offered this car,( fully restored) for his High School graduation present or another car. He chose another car. That was in 2004. So how long have you had your CHALLENGER? Let us know.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How long???

Great story. It's cool to keep the memories alive. Maybe your kid will come around and realize what your
offering is a piece of family history. I've only had my challenger for about a year. Still putting it back together.
I bought it as a project that 2 others had abandoned. It's probably about 70% done. Some day it will be done.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:45 PM

I bought mine 8 years ago in 99.
A year before that, I wrecked my 68 Charger (not my fault) and was forced to sell it, being I was graduating high school and didn't have enough time or money to put into it. The second I sold it, I knew was a mistake, but in the end it came out better. I was on a quest for a new mopar musclecar and happened to stumble upon the challenger. The guy that I bought it off of, had it stored in a garage since 93 and only started it up a couple of times a year. He had the car for 10 years and I wasn't able to track down the history past him.

I too plan on passing my car down to my child, when i have one

I just recently tracked down my old charger and might be able to buy it back for $4000. I got a lead that i t was sitten in the back of someone's yard under a cover and sure enough it was. I want to give it to my dad, it's been a dream of his to own a charger. He used to have a 69 back in the day.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:43 AM

wacs440 good luck on your completion and do what the other two only dreamed of. When you are done enjoy the memories it will inspire. jdb840 I hate what happened to your Charger and I hope you get it back. But the Challenger was a great replacement no doubt. I too had a 69 Charger and that was before Dukes of Hazzard. I sold that car for pennies and today I still have dreams about it. Best memory I had in the Charger was a run with a 442 Olds and the results of that joust is forever cemented in my head. Good luck on the Charger and heres to dreams... my we never stop dreaming of what can be. Our cars are our dreams come true and no matter what, where we are in the custom or resto job, we are dreaming of a finished product. Good luck guys and have fun.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM

Lear4406 I noticed that you are now a moderator Congrats, what does that envolve?

There's got to be some more stories out there, let's here them!!

One of my fondiest memories in the Chally is when I was coming back from the dragstrip with my family a couple of years ago. My brother was in his 98 Firehawk, I was in the my car, and my dad in a 74 Vette, in that order, we were all driving down the interstate. then a 69 or so mustang came next to brother wanting to race, we slowed down to about 40 or so then we took off. My bro instantly pass him, then I pass, then my dad as well. The look on that guy's face was priceless as we passed.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:11 AM

Thats cool, sounds like me and my sons. I love to hear stories like that. Thanks on the congrats,and I now overlook the 1970-1974 part of the forums. But you guys are always nice to one another and on topic so it makes it real easy to control. If you guys think of a real cool story that you remember from driving your Challenger, please share it with us. When I have time I will tell you the story of the Ferarri and my Challenger.... it has a happy ending You guys take care.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:58 AM

I've owned my Challenger since I bought it in 1988. I've just started on a full on "restification" for it.

I bought it for $1,100 bucks back in the day. Everyone laughed about me overpaying for it.

Who's laughing now!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:53 PM

I hear you! Some pictures when you " GET ER DONE". And now you get the last laugh and tons of thumbs up and all the cool things people say when an awsome car goes by. And you can't even buy a junked Challenger for $2000. Take care and keep us up to date.