Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Come on in!!

Old 01-20-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Come on in!!

I'm Eric from Richmond, VA.

My car is a '94 Caprice Classic that's been turned into my version of the Caprice SS. Not many people know that a Caprice SS was actually produced by GM. It was an export-only vehicle to parts of the Middle East. Over there, an Impala is nothing but an animal but the Caprice name is revered for it's excellent cooling system and comfort, so they got the Caprice SS. It's really an Impala SS with the impala logos stripped off, along with both catalytic converters. Anyway, I happened to know the part numbers for the Caprice SS side scripts so I ordered them and put them on the car. It's worthy of SS status since I can pound an Impala SS pretty handily now. My car's site is listed in my profile.

My girlfriend has an '96 Impala SS with similar mods. She enjoys working on her car. In fact, she put the rear-end gears in her car, along with the headers. Quite a woman, and beautiful too!

At the moment the clutch packs are gone in the trans so a buddy of mine gave me 92 Ford Probe that was sitting in the field at his farm. I had it roadworthy for just a couple of hundred bucks and it's my daily driver until I can get the Caprice back on the road. It's difficult to save up though because my money is going towards a cruise to the Carribbean, ex-wife, etc.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:48 AM

Tom here- live in a small town on the Mass/NH border (on the GOOD side). Have been a Mopar man all my life; come by it genetically, as my Dad worked as a service and parts manager for Dodge dealer for most of my life. Current rides are an '03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4; '98 Intrepid ES; '99 Durango; '00 Neon; and my two 'babies', a '66 Hemi Charger and a '67 Coronet R/T ragtop. I'm old enough to know better (supposedly) but young enough to still have some pi$$ and vinegar and a need for power and speed left...... And from what I see from prior replies, I'm NOT the oldest one here! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 01-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator

well, so far, it seems to me that the "new challenger" enthusiasts are people who want a "muscle car", without buying a mustang or GTO...i am not older, but i was raised right...
Old 01-20-2006, 08:20 PM

Lets see here, my name is Mike and I live in Roanoke, TX. Just a couple minutes north of Fort Worth. I'm 26 years old and currently drive a 2001 Ram 1500 and my wife has a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport. So we are some pretty good DCX fans. I work at FedEx and am in the Navy Reserves; I am also going to college and working on my BS in Architecture...hope to have the word Architect in front of my name one day. I joined the Navy after high school and went straight to active duty so I have a lot of catching up to do in the "formal eduction" area.

But I'm really excited to be part of this new forum with people of similar interests in that almighty horsepower Challenger.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:19 PM

What's up?

I'm Chase from Tallahassee, Florida. Currently here because of college and family. I will eventually move back to my real home in Fort Myers...

I'm 20 years old and I have been into Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep since I was in 6th grade, with i noticed the Intrepid and later the Durango. I love the Viper and am really happy that DCX is bringing back some performance cars and coupes.

I drive a 2004 Dodge Neon SE. Not modified at all really. Just a sound system, spoiler, rims, tires etc... I previously owned a 2000 Intrepid SE, but I lost her in a wreck. My first car was a 1985 Mercedes 190D... Man that was a slow beast, lol.

My family has owned many Dodges, including a 1984 Dodge Ram Van with 480,000 miles on it...

I work as night security and sales at my uncle place, called Mike's Beer Barn and I am a student a Tallahassee Community College....

I can't wait to get my hands on a Challenger... but that will be some time from now....
Old 02-01-2006, 11:21 AM

My name is Jim Boyer From Phillipsburg, NJ. I'm a Volunteer Firefighter in Phillipsburg, NJ. I've been dooing this now for a year and a half, my dad is also a firefighter, he has been one for over 28 years and he is also a Ex. Cheif in his old town. We are the biggest Volunteer Fire Dept. in All of New Jersey thats not payed. I have also made a web page for the dept. its........ CLICK HERE Please take some time and sign the guestbook. I'm on Truck 2 the Tower Ladderthat extends 95" in the air.

I drive a 1993-1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer untill the challenger makes its apperance
My Dad Drives a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie HEMI
My mom Drives a 2002 Volvo S80
My sister drives a 2006 Honda Civic POS!!!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:48 AM

My name is Michael. I'm from Ft. Worth, Republic of Texas. I owned a 1973 Dodge Challenger 340 4-barrel car. My current ride as described in my signature from the Camaro boards:

2000 Camaro SS #1077, Bright Rally Red, Hurst M6, T-Tops, Ebony Leather,
SLP Bilstein Suspension, SLP ZR-1 Chrome, SLP Grille,!CAGS, !EGR, !AIR,
LS6 Intake, SLP Air Lid, Mac SFC’s, BMR STB, Carbon Fiber rear letter inserts,
T/A Bezel, Hooker Long Tube Headers, RPM4 Cam, SSOA # M00-1077
RWHP 363, RWTQ 348

I'm interested in the new Challenger due to the peformance. Call it a need for speed.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:25 AM

Name - Brian. Live in Burbank. Age - 33(34 in may). Currently drive 90 ford ranger and 04 triumph Daytona 955i. I had a 04 Dodge Neon, but if you ever saw over on DF, it was totalled. I was lucky to get the Ranger from a Family member for free. I have had another dodge. it was a 96 Ram 4x4(it was a lease so got rid of it in late 99).

I know I am going to get flamed but because I don't have the patience to wait for the challenger to come out and want a muscle car and do not have the cash for a Charger, I am getting an 06 Mustang GT in the next couple months. By the time the Challenger comes out, I should owe less than what the trade in value is and I can trade in the Stang. Only if the price is right as well. Through my company I get a Ford discount. From what I see I will get it OTD around 23,000.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:36 PM

My name is Dave. Live in Pasadena Maryland and I am 42. Currently I own 3 1971 Challengers. One is just a parts car now, so really only 2 of them. I fix and maintain computers and computer network systems for the local county. My daily driver is a 98 Nissan pickup truck. My wife and I inherited a 04 Chevy Impala last year, so we gave my wife’s 98 Neon to our 19-year-old girl. We also have 2 sons 6 and 14. The 14 year old will need a vehicle soon, and the truck would be perfect for him. That is what makes the new Challenger so appealing to me. I can buy the Challenger for me and give my oldest son the truck.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:40 PM

I'm Marvin from Clinton, Il. out in the middle of cornfields. Previously owned a 73 340 Challenger for 17 years along with various other vintage Mopars. We currently drive a 2002 Neon ES and a 2001 Dakota. Mopar lifer here! I work for a response marketing company so I am the one who makes and sends you a large part of your junk mail,........ no thanks necessary!

Quick Reply: Come on in!!