Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Hood Decal

Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Decal

Well I'm here to say Dodge, like Ford did with its Mustang, are overlooking one small detail on the new Challenger. Since I'm an old school guy from that time period, who can afford to purchase a new Challenger, I prefer to have a decal on my hood 375 cu. in. (or whatever that works out to be) and NOT 6.1 Liter. If you're going to manufacture a retro car then lets make it authentic. I hope Dodge gives me the option. If not, I'll remove the 6.1 Liter decal and have a 375 cu. in. custom made and installed. By the way, I thought cubic inches=engine size and Liters=the amount of soda in a bottle.....
Old 08-31-2007, 08:38 AM

Default RE: Hood Decal

DITTO!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

I certainly understand where you are coming from, there is nothing like old school. But the world moves on and the US and the UK is slowly moving over to the Metric system.

Just like in 2009 there will be no more analog TV. Which means you need to get a receiver for your old tv or get a new tv and the world moves on.

We need to create new memories with the bad #'s like 6.1 ,6.4 ,7.0 ,8.4L etc. for our grandchildren.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:36 PM

Not just the hood insignia, but EVERY marking on mine will be circa-1970: script "Challenger" badges in the appropriate positions, red R/T insignias in proper positions, Rallye wheels and -- even if I have to resort to high school practice -- white-letter tires.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM

Wow - that's spooky we think alike. I've already starting ordering mine.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Not just the hood insignia, but EVERY marking on mine will be circa-1970: script "Challenger" badges in the appropriate positions, red R/T insignias in proper positions, Rallye and -- even if I have to resort to high school practice -- white-letter tires.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

That is because you guys are a bunch of old farts.......just kidding. I bet between the 3 of us, we are probably no more than 7 years apart.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 PM

52 years young next month.

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

That is because you guys are a bunch of old farts.......just kidding. I bet between the 3 of us, we are probably no more than 7 years apart.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:53 PM

Hello Guys,

I think the decals or bagdes NEED to be there. On a different appreance note, could one you tell me what a "B" pillar is?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

The pillar is what connects the roof to the body. There is an A,B,C pillar. The "A" is the front (on both sides of the front windshield) the "B" is the middle(between the front and rear door or quarter panel) and the "C" pillar which connect the roof to the rear quarter panel.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM

Paladin, I turned 52 in July.

Quick Reply: Hood Decal