Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Ebay Challenger

Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Challenger

I saw this on ebay for $40K. It really looks awesome, there is something about that Challenger look.

VERY RARE 1970 DODGE CHALLENGER T/A. PLUM CRAZY WITH A BLACK VINAL TOP AS IT WAS DELIVERED FROM THE FACTORY. SLAP STICK AUTOMATIC WITH A GUN SLINGER PISTOL GRIP SHIFTER. CUSTOM BUILT FLOW MASTER MUFFLERS GIVES THIS CAR A VERY UNIQUE SOUND. THE ENGINE IS THE ORIGINAL 340 SIX PACK, NUMBERS MATCHING. THE ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, DRIVESHAFT AND DIFFERENTIAL HAVE BEEN CUSTOM BUILT. THE REAR END HAS A 4:30 GEAR RATIO AND MAKES THIS CAR VERY QUICK. INCLUDED ARE THE 3:55 GEARS(IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE AT FREEWAY SPEEDS. THE THREE TWO BARREL HOLLY CARB'S HAVE VACUUM SECONDARIES AND HAVE BEEN PROFESSIONALLY TUNED. THE CAR HAS BEEN ROTISSERIED, SEALED AND PAINTED UNDERNEATH. EVERY NUT AND BOLT HAS BEEN GONE THROUGH. THE SOUND SYSTEM IS A HIDDEN AUDIO WITH LARGE AMP, CUSTOM SPEAKERS AND A 10 CD CHANGER IN THE CARPET LINED TRUNK. THIS CAR RUNS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS. THIS CAR IS ONE OF 44 KNOWN TO EXIST WITH THIS PAINT AND TOP COMBINATION, ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL T/A REGISTERY. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THIS AUCTION AT ANY TIME. THE CAR HAS BEEN LISTED LOCALLY. MUCH MUCH MORE !!!

Even with all that I would much rather pay $40K on a newer Challenger because the newer cars are just built better.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/5052687CECA849DEA28C9A534DA7678F.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:01 AM

Default RE: Ebay Challenger

The only trouble is Jeremiah, the new ones are good but the '70s still just LOOK a little better. I wish the concept Challenger didn't have quite such a gangsta profile....
Old 09-22-2007, 10:11 AM

That car is nothing but bad.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:40 PM

That car is a perfect, fun, raw power, jump in, swing some dohnuts with your babe kinda car. I love that thing. The Big 3 should have NEVER stopped it. It's what we're all about.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Rob

Is it still up for auction? What's the link?
Old 09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...QQcmdZViewItem
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'd think that would actually be a bargin. I would expect that to cost a lot more.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

I certainly understand your comment about the older 70's Challenger look. I agree partially on the better looks and gangsta look.

One thing I do like about the newer ones is the more muscular/massive look. When I saw it in person at the Dallas Auto show in 2005
I was really impressed and unless you have seen in it in person it is hard to describe. I hope I like the production version even more.....at least that is what
they are telling me.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you see the new Challenger in real life, its love at first sight. All the folks that are gathered around will dissapear and its just like the old 60s commercials. Just you and the car, nobody else is there. or something like that. Its just better to see in person. The lines are crisp and sharp. Quite a stout looking car.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 AM

It is the best looking American made car to go into production in past 25 years! IMVHO..

Quick Reply: Ebay Challenger