Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Challenger Ad

Old 10-10-2007, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Challenger Ad

The first Challenger advertisement is out- two billboard ads of a Challenger being chased by a Charger cop car. The ads were spotted on two trucks in Las Vegas. See http://www.newhemitech.com/
Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Ad

Is that the concept car? The front end looks a little shorter and stockier. And are those b-pilars? Seems to me it may be the production car....
Old 10-10-2007, 08:57 AM

No doubt that's the production car! The headlights and grill both appear to be different from the concept. Notice the orange color to the inside set of headlamps on the production car? The concept shows a series of round LED lights that illuminate around the circumference of those inner lights...I don't recall them ever being lit up in orange on the concept from any pics I saw.

As I mentioned the grill looks different too...the concept appears to show a (hope I'm getting this terminology correct) a cross-hair grill. The production doesn't seem to have that horizontal chrome bar running across the center like the concept has.

In my humble opinin these differences are fine with me. My greatest concern is that the hood/front end will get shortened and end up looking like that of a Charger. SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

true that! The snub nosing of the Charger makes the front look closer to that of an Audi TT than to that of Mopar origins..... when it first came out I photo shopped the front to be longer, thought it was a truer homage to muscle-car-dom.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Are we looking at the same picture or am I missing something? I can't see a grill or headlights...just a side profile of a billboard. Are there more pics that I am not seeing?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 AM

Sorry for the confusion
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/200...erSpy1/2791694

ORIGINAL: awsure

Are we looking at the same picture or am I missing something? I can't see a grill or headlights...just a side profile of a billboard. Are there more pics that I am not seeing?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:09 PM

I think awsure was talking more about the picture on the billboard. He can't see the lights or anything. One thing that kind of makes me think it's not the production car, on the billboard, is the door handles. They don't match the one that's driving around with the camo.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:19 PM

Thanks bro. Those inner lamps look like amber running lights rather than true headlights to me. I really like the look of the rear brake light on the concept. I cannot really tell from these pics if that looks altered as well. I hope they keep it.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM

Looks like the car on the billboard is the Concept car. I was hoping it was the production car!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:16 PM

CONCEPT CAR!!!! dodge will not show that car to the public till feb. 2008, the dealers got to see 2 production cars this week in vegas, we had people all over watching for cameras and cell phones with cameras, some people did get photos but we caught them and erased the photos.