Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie from Indianapolis

Old 10-17-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Indianapolis

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself and my first ever Challenger! I have wanted a 1970 Challenger since I was 16 years old. Well, a decent 70 is out of my price range so i settled for a 73 Challenger. I'm not really a mechanic but i can turn a wrench if you know what i mean! That's why i tried to get something that was finished for the most part. My car was a original 318 car and now has a 440 CI with 727 slapstick and 4:10 rearend. It's devastating out of the hole but not a cruiser on the interstate with the current rearend until i can get a 3:55 in it, so i'm a local cruiser and i give everybody the "let's get it on look" at the stop lights! I can't track down the builder of this car to know how it's cammed or anything but it sure has a wicked lope to it! To me it sounds great with the hooker headers and flowmasters on it. I will probably try to get the 6.1 Hemi when the 2009's come out if the dealer mark up isn't too high due to demand. We'll see! Here's a couple of pics of my first ever Chally. They never look quite as good in person as they do on the showroom floors but it still looks darn near as good! I'm very happy with it.

old_school

[IMG]local://upfiles/998/EC1FAED54F64436A9455D9544E165F9B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/998/9449D40C73AE40C0B4EBD6B97D5C22FD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/998/748DAC6DA66845B9A640D556C54B5F79.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:03 PM

Default RE: Newbie from Indianapolis

Very Nice Lucky Guy
Old 10-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! Congrats on having an original Challenger. The pictures look great. Thanks for sharing.....I know you have to be proud.

Welcome aboard! Share more pictures of the engine etc. and visit often. We are a family friendly group here.

Those really are nice looking pictures of your car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:58 AM

Here's the motor

Old 10-18-2007, 04:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice ride. Looks great and accented with the graphics that make it stand out among other cars. 440 and 4.10 gears that makes a deadly combination out of the hole. Welcome to the boards and we hope to hear from you often.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:11 AM

The odd thing about the color is that it's medium teal in person and not the blue it looks in the pictures. Even after i got it home and took my own pics (which by the way are too big of files to post) it still looks the same color blue in my pictures as the blue in the above pictures. Weird
Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 AM

Great looking car. I live on the south side of Indianapolis. There is a car show this Saturday in Southport. Any chance you might have your car there. I am planning on attending with my Challenger. This car show expects about 200 cars and takes place in the afternoon.
Bob

[IMG]local://upfiles/423/04D3B13B65814060B58252F394A492A0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site, old school! That is a very good looking Challenger and that 4 barrel 440 is a regular piece of art, thanks for sharing it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM

I don't think my car is show quality but i may definately try to come and see the show. I would love to see your convertible up close. What time does it start? I brought my car two weeks ago when i first got it to the Suds and Buns in Greenwood on a Saturday. I did not get there until right before dark so being a first timer there i parked in the back (only place left to park) jumped out opened my hood and started browsing around looking at other cars. Sunday morning i noticed my drivers side rear center cap was missing from my American Racing rim. It was on when i pulled up because i looked my car over before i walked away from it just to see how it looked from a distance sitting there. My wife and i were engaged in conversation when we went back to get in and leave so i didn't notice.

The driver side was facing the back side away from the lot but there was a couple of cars against the fence with their owners sitting right there looking at my car. I know it was one of them or that at least they had to see someone kneel down and remove (5) screws. Anyway, Sunday morning when i told my wife it was missing, she immediately said that when we went to get in our car that they started laughing but she did not think anything about it and i was talking to her and i didn't even notice. It's just a center cap and i had to order one and screws for for $32 including shipping but that's not the point. I was so mad Sunday morning! I believe what goes around comes around and i hope their car burns to the ground.

As far as bringing my car down to the show Saturday, until i get me a 3:55 rear end in this car i want to stay off the interstate. When i drove it down to Greenwood two weeks ago the rpm's were high and i was only doing a constant 55 and it made me feel uncomfortable. I have a manual valve body transmission in this car.

old_school
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Sorry about your bad experience. I live in Greenwood and frequent the Suds. I never have had any problems but I always get there early and leave early because the crowd definately changes around 7 in the evening. the car show info can be found at http://rock-n-rollcarshow.com/. It starts at 2pm and is over by 8pm. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Bob

Quick Reply: Newbie from Indianapolis