Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

If price is really an issue....

Old 03-21-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If price is really an issue....

It seems that there is a lot of support for this car, but it sounds like there is a lot of speculation as to what the price will be and what people (the general masses) can afford.

So the question is... What are some of the basic things that you would like to see in/on your challenger if you had to keep it within a budget? Obviously, this is all just hypathetical and based on pictures/newsletters that we have seen so far on what the car may be like.

I myself would just want the basic 5.7L V8 hemi (even though the V6 would do), 2 door, no leather, no rear spoiler, and while I'd prefer the 6 speed manual, I think that I would buy an automatic if that was the only option (as with the charger). I don't really need all of the gadgets and dodads. No navigation, don't really need upgraded sound, I don't need MP3 compatability. I do like the average mpg and miles till empty features that I have in my ram, but again not a necessity. Also, as much as I would want a 6.1/6.4 liter motor, I personally couldn't justify it. Not with fuel econmy and the added cost of the car itself. Oh, and if I had the choice I would not have any steering wheel mounted controls, but that's just me.

So again, what would you want?
Old 03-21-2006, 04:38 PM

Default RE: If price is really an issue....

6.1 or 6.4 liter manual 6-speed. Basic radio, A/C (I live in Texas, must have). My needs are simple. I want the "go fast" items. Without those I can keep what I have.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I agree with Booss as I live in Texas also, but I am a gadget guy so I just have to have a few gadgets.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:57 AM

Need to have the 6.1L as a minimum; prefer the 6.4; gotta be a 6-speed, prefer to get a ragtop, would like some creature comforts (ie, AC, power seats/windows/door locks, premium sound system). Can do without Navigation systems and other gizmo garbage. Price will be a consideration as well.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:00 PM

I want a base 5.7 V8 Hemi Challenger with A/C and an AUTOSTICK or mannual tranny and cruise control with no other options...
I want to keep it as close to $25000 as I can as I can NOT afford the $35000+ Dodge will be asking for the 6.1 hemi with options.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

I am just guessing but for $25k you will probably get a V-6.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Well I'm actually easy to satisfy. I'd be happy with a V6 as long as it is at least a 3.5L V6 (no 2.7Ls for me), I prefer a 5.7L if I could afford it, but I can live without it. I'd prefer a T-56 Tremec 6-speed transmission over the A580 automatic. I would simply like a CD/AM/FM/Cassette (I still use them sometimes), A/C, Cruise Control, Cloth interior, cup holders. Power locks are nice but not necessary, power windows are a must. That would some it up.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Administrator

i want leather, manual seats...a AM/FM/CD...i dont care if it has AC or not...and it has to have a V8.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i want leather, manual seats...a AM/FM/CD...i dont care if it has AC or not...and it has to have a V8.
Not meaning to pry into your personal business but in what area do you live in to where you don't care whether or not it has A/C, or is this like the spare tire being removed on your Stratus? Do you live in an area that has mild enough summers to where you don't really need A/C or would the Challenger be a car that you just take to the track?

Would you be satisfied with the 5.7L or is the 6.1L a must?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Administrator

I have AC on all of my vehicles (except for the mirada) and I couldnt tell you if it works on any of them. I am going to assume that the ramcharger AC doesnt work, but i dont use it except for in the winter...

actually, the AC did work in her truck until some moron mechanic let all the freon out when replacing the water pump...

i think that it works in the stratus, but i have probably only used it 5 or 6 times in the 4 years that i have had the car, and those times were ONLY on long trips on the highway..i dont like cruising along at 80 with the windows open..its too noisy.

and we live in metro detroit, and keep in mind that i work from home, so the only time that i go out, is later in the day,a nd sometimes on the weekends...but even when i lived in PA, and drove 30 miles each way to work, i never used the air. my two cars in college didnt have working air, and the mirada of course doesnt have it. the bimmer has it, but like the stratus, i never used it...because when i spent my 16-19yo years in the mirada with no AC, then the lebraon vert and shadow didnt have AC, you dont miss it when you havent had it.

and for the record, i dont have spares in any of my cars... any drive far enough that AAA wont get me home, we take a rental; less wear on the cars/trucks

Quick Reply: If price is really an issue....