Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

Cuda Rumors

Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuda Rumors

Okay, since this is going to be an ongoing topic, we decided it would be best to integrate the two threads and links into one and keep it at the top of the page.

This was contributed by Paladin06
http://www.redletterdodge.com/2007/1...et-their-cuda/

This was contributed by Yankee
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/29/s...cuda/#comments

Thank you both for contributing this information. Please continue your discussions here.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: Cuda Rumors

I wonder how this will affect styling of an possible cuda kit; or will people just go to custom shops and get one done like this one?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

I hope 1BadMirada can give some more insight to see if this is true.

A Legend reborn from Chrysler

October 31, 2007

Dodge is bringing back the Challenger, Pontiac has the GTO and Ford redesigned the Mustang to look more like the 60's Shelby's. Could it now be Chrysler's turn?

In 1964, the Plymouth Barracuda was born. In 1970, it got the famed Hemi as a motor option, which brought forth the legendary Hemi 'Cuda. Now, could DaimlerChrysler be bringing back that legend?

C1
Not too long ago, someone let it out that a concept car for a 2009 Chrysler Cuda would be making a debut at the 2007 SEMA auto show. Ever since then, the rumors have been flying from coast to coast about the possibility of driving a new 2009 Hemi Cuda. At some point, Chrysler was contacted and this was the reply.

"We are pleased to read of your interest in the Chrysler Cuda concept vehicle. At this time, DaimlerChrysler has not released any plans that indicate the future production of the Chrysler Cuda. If built, The Chrysler Cuda concept vehicle would be built on the same platform as the upcoming 2008 Dodge Challenger, and would be production ready around the same time. We encourage you to stay in touch with the Chrysler.com website as well as your local Chrysler dealerships for future product updates. "
2009 Cuda Concept
According to the reply from Chrysler, they are planning a concept car. However, if you read between the lines a little bit, you can make a safe bet that they are up to something. They already have the platform chosen and an estimated time for production. Plus, if they aren't denying a concept car, where better to introduce it than SEMA?

The most exciting part is that if it is based on the Challenger, then it will almost definitely have the new 392 Hemi. There is no greater feeling than cracking the hood and seeing the spark plugs going right through the valve covers. (Thanks for teaching me that one Dad)

Can you say HEMI?
The SEMA Auto Show is set to kicked off October 30th and will go till November 2nd. Me and thousands of others are anxiously awaiting the appearance of the new Hemi Cuda.

http://inventorspot.com/articles/legends_reborn_7826
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

To me this looks like a change from a "no" to a "maybe." What do you think?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Administrator

ill have full pictures of the car posted within the next few days..the car DOES exist..and looks nothing like those.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Yep. Those kind of favor the new and gone goat.

Again though, per a previous post if you read in the inventor sport link....the reference is made to DaimlerChrylser....so the author is obviously a bit confuse-ed.

"We are pleased to read of your interest in the Chrysler Cuda concept vehicle. At this time, DaimlerChrysler
Yeah, I should say ....."at this time DaimlerChrysler doesn't exist".....

Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Administrator

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=17995
Old 11-14-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On tonight's Charger SRT Chat Session the following question was asked of the SRT engineers about a future 'Cuda:

Question:
Why was the 'unofficial' concept cuda shown @ SEMA instead of the in-house one? Loved it either way!! I saw that one, West coast customs did it. Looked great. Build it.

SRT Engineer response:

this was a unique car built by an outside concern....just made sense to put it our booth....don't get your hopes up........

Not the answer we want to hear!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:27 AM

Am I wrong? but all I hear, and it is only from a few sources, there is no 'Cuda coming - ever.
But,... having read some posts about a convertable Challenger, ... I guess anything is possible

Actually, it would be terrible if they built a 'Cuda. It would split the Chryslter market, lessening the demand on both cars, and 1974 would come all over again. Secondly, just think of the manufacturing burden it would put on Chrysler. I do not think Cerebus would even consider it, they are a holding company and in it for profit, not our amusement.

Lastly, there is not much diversity in cars coming out of Detriot today, how would they differentiate the two? Would they have to? To make them "equally" appealing? Now some may disagree with this statement, but of the originals, the challenger was the beefy raw horsepower and no "glow", and the Barracuda was the "chick" car meaning more chrome, flare etc. Would they do that again? I doubt it, - the culture has changed (sic gas conscious) and people will not pay for frills that do not add to the performance of what these cars call to mind.

$0.02 + tax
-73Cuda340
Old 11-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

1. I have not seen any viable source that there will be a convertible.

The reality is I believe Dodge feels the market is too small for a convertible.

2. I have seen any viable source say there will be a 'Cuda.

The 'Cuda recently seen was done by a 3rd party for a customer to build a one of a kind.

If somebody has something concrete that by all means post, so for now I think we need to focus
on what we know instead of some gaseous cloud but what is imminent in the Dodge Challenger.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Cuda Rumors