Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

2009 Cuda kit!!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Cuda kit!!!!

What do you guys think of a cuda-kit for a 2007(8) Challenger? Do you think it would be a sin to make a kit (including hood, grill, tailights, decals, etc...) to turn a dodge challenger into a cuda? Do you think it would catch on since Plymouth no longer exists? Or would this be in some way a horrible "no no" for Challenger fans?

I tend to be a Nash Bridges fan myself. I just think that Cuda fans ought to have something that they can have fun with too!!!

Mopar rocks!!

The New Guy
Old 03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 2009 Cuda kit!!!!

First of all, welcome to the site. In my very bias opinion (I'll admit it), I wouldn't offer that since the Challenger is a Dodge and the 'Cuda was a Plymouth. In my mind it would be a step down since Dodge is a higher status symbol than Plymouth; however, I can see your point. An aftermarket kit for people who prefered the Plymouth might not be a bad idea since the 'Cuda was a longer lived name plate. I personally would like to see Plymouth revised and have the 'Cuda be its flagship car instead.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-24-2006, 05:34 PM

Ha! That would be the ideal thing. However, it seems the chances are pretty bleak for the ressurection of Plymouth, and since the Challenger resembles the Cuda so greatly, it seems that, if available, people would buy a bolt on kit to make their 2008 challenger into a cuda replica!

The reason I asked this question, is because I have some friends in the business and sent them an email asking the same thing. I have yet to hear a response, but one of them knows someone pretty involved in the Challenger design project, so maybe he can give me some kind hope in that matter. It's fun to think about! Anyway, I'll keep you all updated if I hear anything else!

Old 03-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

While I like both the Barracuda and Challenger and they are definitely brothers. I just like the lines like the thrust lines on the Challenger better.
This thrust line goes up before the rear wheel and the Barracuda's is straight across. The 'Cuda has the other curve by the side rear windshield that reminds be of a Charger which I don't care for as it squares off it haunches instead of rounding them out. See pictures below. I am against the 'Cuda kit because it do not think it will sell....just my opinion.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/D2A11851BFD64E8FBA1D0D0DF3E4E30B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/D921A62D83974626A072F3C21F17FAD0.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:04 AM

I don't think Dodge will do it, but there is always the aftermarket.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

I like my Challenger like a bag of Kisses and not a box of chocolates.....whatever is on the outside better be on the inside.

I am sure the aftermarket will cater to those who prefer otherwise.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

If there is a market for the 'Cuda's looks and Chrysler doesn't build it, then the after market will build it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-29-2006, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

If there is a market for the 'Cuda's looks and Chrysler doesn't build it, then the after market will build it.

Yeah,

I am one of those guys that would LOVE to have had a 70 Hemi Cuda with shaker-hood & Hemi-"hockey stick" decals in a lime Twist or SassyGrass Green & black stripes or Black w/gold stripes, but as my very close second most loved car would be the Challenger...

Yeah, someone will surely do an after market "CUDA" kit...

That is if Dodge/Chyrsler doesn't do it first...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: sambo77

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Yeah,

I am one of those guys that would LOVE to have had a 70 Hemi Cuda with shaker-hood & Hemi-"hockey stick" decals in a lime Twist or SassyGrass Green & black stripes or Black w/gold stripes, but as my very close second most loved car would be the Challenger...

Yeah, someone will surely do an after market "CUDA" kit...

That is if Dodge/Chyrsler doesn't do it first...
Believe me I wish they would. That way they could satisfy fans like you with the marketing strategy that you prefer, a simple muscle car for a competitive price. Who knows, if they built it for the right price, I might go for it. I know the chance of them doing that is nill to none unfortuneatly!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Besides all that, if you really want it to look like a 'Cuda instead of a Challenger looking like a 'Cuda they will need to offer rear quarter panels. Obviously, this is not a bolt-on but
if you want to look like a 'Cuda????

Quick Reply: 2009 Cuda kit!!!!