Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to Forum

Old 12-05-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum

I went to the dealership at 10:00 a.m. Monday morning and was the fourth person to order a challenger and was told they were getting eight or nine. I orderded black with just the performance tire option. Was told that the dealership will sell close to msrp, maybe a grand more. If that stays true, will then close the deal but I am not confident til I get a contract with the final price. At this time I feel I have a 50/50 chance at getting msrp. If they hike up the price, I will add a whipple supercharger to my 2006 Mustang GT convertible and wait a few years to get a challenger.

I had a 70' charger 440 six-pack, sorry I sold it in 1984.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Default RE: New to Forum

Well good luck. I have a feeling a lot of people ordering Challengers who have been told they'll get it at or close to MSRP will be dissapointed when they go in and the dealer has jacked it up another 10 grand. I myself am not particularly worried about the price gouging since I'll be waiting for either the R/T or V6 option. . . .
Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Agreed, I waited a few years to get the mustang - was able to get x-plan from a family member and a 0% interest for 6 years.
Will do the same with the challenger if dealers get greedy.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Heres the up charge for the challenger try this one on for size ELK GROVE,CA dodge dealer told me when he called me that I needed 1,000 down now for a May deliver and the other 57,000 when i picked it up...................yes i said 57,000 more ........i will wait until they come out with the camaro in 2009
Old 12-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck to you on that and welcome to the site, Michaelgggg. Is the X-Plan the family and friends or just the family plan? I can't remember what my uncle told me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2007, 06:32 AM

I think it is the family plan. Bottom line is the price was a few hundred dollars under invoice, didn't have to haggle with sales rep. I definitely like the challenger and hope to get one, but will be patient if needed. The mustang gt convertible totally stock is not a bad car at all regarding performance, if you consider that I am getting 17-18mpg in the city and 22-24mpg on the highway on regular gas and a sticker price that is lower than the challenger. I am not sure but I think you have to run premium gas on the larger hemi-engine and city mileage is probably 12-14mpg in the city. More than likely, Dodge will have improved versions of the challenger in a few years just like Ford is doing with the mustang.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:46 AM

How much $ did those who preordered put down? I Had to put down a real big # but my dealer who I have bought 4 cars from this year alone told me, and I have it in writing that the price on this invoice is the price I will pay. I have bought cars from them for years. And this will be my second car this year that’s a limited production model. The first was my wife’s vw r32. I paid what they initially told me durring the preorder faze. Just wondering how other dealers in other states are going about this. I know my dealer had 4 to sell, another one in the area has 1 and only required a 500 deposit. All the rest got zero.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

108Challenger, you know if they get a little dirty, you can just wash them and they look brand new, you don't have to keep getting a new one!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Michaelgggg

I think it is the family plan. Bottom line is the price was a few hundred dollars under invoice, didn't have to haggle with sales rep. I definitely like the challenger and hope to get one, but will be patient if needed. The mustang gt convertible totally stock is not a bad car at all regarding performance, if you consider that I am getting 17-18mpg in the city and 22-24mpg on the highway on regular gas and a sticker price that is lower than the challenger. I am not sure but I think you have to run premium gas on the larger hemi-engine and city mileage is probably 12-14mpg in the city. More than likely, Dodge will have improved versions of the challenger in a few years just like Ford is doing with the mustang.
Well, I can't testify as I don't have any 6.1L Hemi powered cars...yet..., but yes it is recommended. You can probably run regular safely thanks to knock-sensors, the only thing is it won't be able to run at its full potential. I think the fuel mileage ratings on the 6.1L are a little underrated as I remember in some comparisons that the different magazines have done showed similar or better results than other V8 powered cars that had much better ratings. The best indicator would be to ask an owner of an SRT-8 Charger, Magnum, or 300C.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2007, 08:26 PM

Ha i buy allot of cars from them, this year we pretty much got all new rides in the fam. My girl traded her o6 gli for the 08 R32, My sister got a new scion, mom got a new 4 runner, and I have a new tacoma, Just sold my 07 srt8 superbee, and now a challenger on order. Plus my sales man also happens to be a good friend of mine. It helps hehehe.
As for fuel to run in these cars, my srt8 superbee charger was run on 93 and it helped. I wont run regular gas in any of my cars actualy. 93 does help it out even though you lose a little mpg. The engine does not ping and carbon deposits are at a minimum. For those times when you mash the gas it is a big difference.

Quick Reply: New to Forum