Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

challenger will have three engine options

Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default challenger will have three engine options

LOOK at the charger it has three engine options V6, 5.7L V8, 6.1L V8 all automatic, Dodge believes in automatics over manual. I seriously dont think dodge will have a stick for the 6.1L. Its not the dodge way to be a manual!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Rob

Default RE: challenger will have three engine options

Well, it better be manual! I honestly have to say...I don't think I'd buy it if it wasn't ...if I'm gonna spend that kinda money on a sports car I want to at least have the option of manual..
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Administrator

i have done a review of what we could see as far as engine options, and how they would reflect on pricing..

it will be posted on the site shortly.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:56 PM

One of the things I read about the new Challenger early on was that it's using the next-generation version of the LX platform (apparently called the LY, which is supposed to debut either in 2009 or 2010) specifically because the current LX platform can't accommodate a manual transmission but the next one will. Hence, that's why the current Charger doesn't offer a manual option -- and which also may mean that the Challenger won't be in production till '09 or '10.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Rob

Well, if that's true, I think I'd rather wait til 09 than have an automatic...just my opinion.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

I hope the schedule above is wrong. I have been hearing a 2008 model in Fall of 2007. Maybe I am hearing what I want to hear.

I originally started a post on LX vs LY platform to find out more about it because this may give us a clue about the schedule but hardly
anyone would give their inputs on this post.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:51 AM

I don't think anybody's ignoring you Jeremiah.... I just think at this point nobody can say anything for sure, and DCX isn't saying anything on the subject at all. All we can do is guess and speculate at this point.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM

I've got no problem with an auto. Give me that 6.1 Hemi and I'll add on an Supercharger at 6 to 8 pounds of boost and watch out manual lovers.

I do it all the time in my present car. I love to hear those manual guys at the light rapping that engine up then just shy of the 60 ft, boost reads 12 psi and it's bye, bye..

JMHO
Old 04-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Rob

True George...I have no doubt the auto is faster (unless you're one amazing manual driver)...but I like manual just because it's a lot more fun to drive...again, IMO
Old 04-10-2006, 02:07 PM

No manual, no sale. Chevy will have a manual. DCX needs to do the same. Auto faster? More consistent, yes. Faster, depends to much on driver. Bracket racers will go with the auto. "Real drivers" will go with the manual. If you're gonna drive it, be the driver.

Quick Reply: challenger will have three engine options