Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Bob Lutz declares "No more camo on the Camaros!"

Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Lutz declares "No more camo on the Camaros!"

So why the HECK haven't we seen a production Challenger yet?

For the cadre of camera wielding auto spies chasing the 2009 Chevy Camaro, life has just gotten a little bit easier. Mere hours after a new batch of spy showing a camo-covered Camaro hit the interweb, Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper posted a message to the GM Fastlane Blog declaring that all pre-production Camaros would be stripped of their camouflage from now until production starts. Apparently, Bob Lutz decided that the camo was causing too much interference with cooling and aerodynamic testing and it needed to come off. Since everyone pretty much knows what the Camaro looks like already, it won't make much difference, but here for your edification is the first official pic direct from GM.

[Source: GM Fastlane Blog]

Gallery: 2009 Chevy Camaro - spy shots

Old 01-04-2008, 02:35 AM

Default RE: Bob Lutz declares "No more camo on the Camaros!"

Blame the democrats[&:]?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 AM

Good stuff Paladin! I was reading a Camaro blog earlier this morning (probably the same one, not sure exactly). Anyway, I looked at a number of member comments regarding the interior design and the overwhelming majority outright hated the new Camaro interior. Personally, I found it to be a nice departure from the cheap, plasticy-looking interiors that "adorn" most earlier Camaros. A buddy of mine, in fact, has a `98 Z28 and everytime I hop in the cabin it just screams "CHEAP".

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

So why the HECK haven't we seen a production Challenger yet?

For the cadre of camera wielding auto spies chasing the 2009 Chevy Camaro, life has just gotten a little bit easier. Mere hours after a new batch of spy showing a camo-covered Camaro hit the interweb, Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper posted a message to the GM Fastlane Blog declaring that all pre-production Camaros would be stripped of their camouflage from now until production starts. Apparently, Bob Lutz decided that the camo was causing too much interference with cooling and aerodynamic testing and it needed to come off. Since everyone pretty much knows what the Camaro looks like already, it won't make much difference, but here for your edification is the first official pic direct from GM.

[Source: GM Fastlane Blog]

Gallery: 2009 Chevy Camaro - spy shots

Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 AM

I was on Motor Trends website earlier today and saw they had some shots up of the interior and it doesn't look that bad. I'm not digging the interior door side of the car though.. whats the deal with that shiny star trek looking plate?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:15 AM

Interesting find today...

http://www.5thgen.org/countdown/
Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Banned

"Others build challengers, we build champions". Trying to taunt Dodge, LOL. They're gonna fall though, the Challenger will be the champion.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:47 PM

Hard to be a champion when you're 249 days late to the ring!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Do you want it done right? Or do you want it done right now. You can't rush perfection! Go Mo Par Go!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

You could make that a cheerleader yell.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM

Pray for me, I sold my wifes 68 RS327 Camaro in 1997 for $1500 and now she thinks I owe her a 09 Convertible to settle the score. I'll admit, I do regret selling the car and wish we had it back right now, SO I COULD SELL IT AGAIN! Nothing like the feeling of watching a Chevrolet leave your garage never to return, kinda the same way I felt when my sister finally got her own place and I could actually use my own bathroom again. Anyway, the 09 does have sex appeal, but I thought the whole idea behind muscle cars was a masculine gesture? I know, the Challenger came out in Panther Pink and Plum Crazy but even in a dress and high heels it still looks like it will kick your ass! The bottom line is the 425 hp HEMI will still show the tail-lights to the 400 hp 6.0 in a 1/4 mile! I think they will put a 6 speed in the Camaro and that bothered me at first because the Challenger will be 5 speed only until I found out why, the 6.1 CRAPS Tremecs (6 speeds)! The 5 is the only box that holds up behind the brutal torque. The viper box would add a great deal to the STICKER and first year out they want to be competitive, the 6 speed will eventually be optional. Feel kinda bad for the inaugural owners as the 2nd run will be a better run unlike the 1970 that ruled the Roost.

Quick Reply: Bob Lutz declares "No more camo on the Camaros!"