Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Battery Location

Old 01-26-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Battery Location

I seen an earler post which compared the new mustang trunk @ 13cubic ft and the challenger has 16 cubic ft.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:58 AM

I'm not real thrilled with the concept of no spare tire -- not even a donut. Has anyone ever had to use one of the "patch kits"? Do they work? Well, since I'm going to get Ralleye wheels and white-letter tires, maybe I'll just throw one of the original tires/wheels in the trunk ...
Old 01-26-2008, 12:15 PM

The Dodge site shows the Charger with 16 cu ft of trunk space. I expect similar numbers from the Challenger.
If this doesn't sound like much, folks, go to a Dodge dealer - or see a friend who has one - and check out how big the trunk is.
I could probably stack 3 (medium sized) ex-wives in there, with room left over for a celebratory six-pack or two.
[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

The Dodge site shows the Charger with 16 cu ft of trunk space. I expect similar numbers from the Challenger.
If this doesn't sound like much, folks, go to a Dodge dealer - or see a friend who has one - and check out how big the trunk is.
I could probably stack 3 (medium sized) ex-wives in there, with room left over for a celebratory six-pack or two.
[sm=drooldude.gif]

Only 3 medium sized ex-wives? Then my one ex-wife likely wouldn't fit.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:18 PM

I use tire repair kits all of the time. They do work well, but are a handful for someone who is smaller in stature or not physically fit.
While plugging a tire is not that hard, I'm just wondering if they've eliminated the jack as well as the spare tire. It's MUCH harder to plug a tire when it's on the car than when it's off.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 PM

Sounds like it might be just as easy to put an extra tire/wheel in the trunk. Fortunately, I already have a pneumatic jack from Wal-Mart....
Old 01-26-2008, 12:33 PM
mac

Get AAA, then you won't have to worry about it. I wonder if the tires are run flat?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: mac

Get AAA, then you won't have to worry about it. I wonder if the tires are run flat?

AAA is nice to have for emergencies, but I don't count on them getting to me in a hurry.
My step-son waited for a AAA tow truck last Valentines day for over six hours before the local PD had to "expedite" the process with a phone call on his behalf. Granted, we were in the middle of a snow storm, but still, SIX HOURS ?!?!?

I don't believe the Challenger offers "run flat" technology - yet.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Sounds like it might be just as easy to put an extra tire/wheel in the trunk. Fortunately, I already have a pneumatic jack from Wal-Mart....
Probably not a bad idea, and you should have plenty of room for it. If you choose to do this, make sure the jack is secured in the trunk. You wouldn't want it rolling around and creating dents in the rear quarter panels from the inside out.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

[sm=drooldude.gif]

Only 3 medium sized ex-wives? Then my one ex-wife likely wouldn't fit.
No comment - no way.

Quick Reply: Challenger Battery Location