Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Battery Location

Old 01-26-2008, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger Battery Location

Can anyone verify where the battery is located in this car? I believe it is in the trunk with only a jump start pole location under the hood. Several car manufactures have done this on several late model cars.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 AM

Default RE: Challenger Battery Location

How is it on the new charger?
I can't tell from the pics, but it looks really clean uder that hood!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06
Can anyone verify where the battery is located in this car? I believe it is in the trunk with only a jump start pole location under the hood. Several car manufactures have done this on several late model cars.
ORIGINAL: SRT8Challenger
How is it on the new charger?
I can't tell from the pics, but it looks really clean uder that hood!
The Charger is laid out exactly as Paladin06 described. The battery is in the trunk (in an acid-proof box) and a "jump start pole" is under the hood. I'd expect the Challenger to be the same.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Well if there is no tire in the trunk but it has a battery then I would think the trunk is probably a mid-size trunk.....probably a little deeper than the original Challenger.

Where is the subwoofer? Yea, have to be able to have a woof somewhere? Hopefully there is room.

Mustangs have the subs located on the right side next to the quarter panel.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well if there is no tire in the trunk but it has a battery then I would think the trunk is probably a mid-size trunk.....probably a little deeper than the original Challenger.

Where is the subwoofer? Yea, have to be able to have a woof somewhere? Hopefully there is room.

Mustangs have the subs located on the right side next to the quarter panel.
The Charger trunk is cavernous!
Just guessing by comparing (projected) dimensions of the cars overall, I'm under the impression that the Challenger will lose a very small amount of leg-room in the rear (4 dr vs 2 dr), so the trunk SHOULD remain extremely large. Even if 3 inches were removed from the trunk area from rear bumper to rear seats, there will be PLENTY of room to install ANY size sub-woofer you desire.
I think the lack of a spare tire is more to save weight than room. I can't imagine room being a problem.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:59 AM

Thanks BootCamp!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Just guessing by comparing (projected) dimensions of the cars overall, I'm under the impression that the Challenger will lose a very small amount of leg-room in the rear (4 dr vs 2 dr), so the trunk SHOULD remain extremely large.

Well that will make the Challenger even more of a practical vehicle.

I remember my old Challenger where the wheel just sat there right in the middle of the trunk and you would have to put stuff around it when you packed to go somewheres.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Thanks BootCamp!
You're welcome, Sir!
Just to go one step further with this, the battery box in the Charger is in the well for the spare tire (doughnut). Since this "well" will be absent in the Challenger, I'm guessing the cubic footage of storage area in the Challenger may actually exceed that of the Charger since it can be made deeper (theoretically).
Old 01-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

I am not sure I would agree with that assessment but it would be a deligthful surprise.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 AM

Does any one know if the new cars with no spare come with a tire patch kit and perhaps a small air compressor? Just curious...

Quick Reply: Challenger Battery Location