Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

FANTASTIC NEWS!

Old 04-22-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FANTASTIC NEWS!

Just read a post on another forum from a worker at a supplier plant who says they have received the work for panels exclusively for the Challenger and to expect production to be around 45,000 units to start next year. Also read that a V/6 AND BOTH HEMIS will be available from production start up. I think our dreams have come true! If this is all true all I can say is.............

WAY TO GO DAIMLER CHRYSLER CORPORATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: FANTASTIC NEWS!

What did I tell you guys? You see they learned their lesson. Alright! Thanks for posting deranged. Did they say which V6?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-23-2006, 10:08 AM

Please tell me it's true.....
Old 04-23-2006, 02:51 PM

Hopefully that's true, but I'd wait for some sort of confirmation before grabbing the checkbook and heading to the stealership just yet... sounds almost too good to be true, and you know what they say about that!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator

hmm...that would be fantastic, but i will believe the rumors when i see the official statement from DCX...im afraid to get my hopes up, since there is so much "news" that actually isnt...and no offense to anyone here, or anywhere for that matter, but a floor worker's word of mouth isnt quite enough for me just yet.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

If supplier's are starting leak information, that is not good for Chrysler and they may have to do damage control in the form of an annoucement. This depends
on what leaks out and how much. Chrysler would not want information to leak out that GM could take advantage of.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Administrator

i dont think that it will hurt sales...bob lutz has already said that the camaro will be offered in multiple trim lines...and we know what the deal is with the mustang line, and we know that the GTO is coming back on the zeta lite platform, so i dont know why dodge is being sneaky.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:28 AM

Just when the latest rumor from a supplier employee said mass volume with V6 and V8 engines we get this.

NEW YORK -- The Chrysler group thinks it has created a viable business case for turning the Dodge Challenger concept into reality. The plan relies on niche volume, V-8 power and pricing above the Ford Mustang.

Gasoline prices are "a factor in a lot of our discussions," said Joe Eberhardt,… with Challenger because that is going to be a car probably for the enthusiast - probably a second or third car, probably not competing with everyday transportation."

That strategy would imply total or near total reliance on V-8 engines. That would be a striking contrast to Ford's Mustang, a mass-market vehicle offered with a range of models and powertrains - vehicles intended for everyday transportation. Last year Ford sold 160,975 Mustangs, of which only 30 percent had V-8s.

"I think we are fairly comfortable now that we have found a formula where we think we can sustain it" profitably for several years, said Eberhardt, who was interviewed at the New York auto show this month.

Said Eberhardt, the Challenger "is a larger car, and I think it will be (priced) a little above" the Mustang.
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...vehiclereviews
Old 04-24-2006, 11:10 AM

If you check way beack in my post, this is almost word for word what I shared with the group. Good Luck all.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Administrator

so theyre only going to make a high priced elitist model because fuel prices are high? [:@]

Quick Reply: FANTASTIC NEWS!