Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Concept vs. Production?

Old 04-29-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concept vs. Production?

How faithful do you think Dodge will prove their production car to the concept version?

I was looking at some posts over on the Allpar site & I cannot believe how WHINY some of these guys sound. They have an open letter thanking the lead designer & then go on to rattle off 50 changes they think would make it better. I want chrome, I want different guages, blah, blah, blah. I am not an expert but if they rolled this concept off the line AS IS then I am raiding the piggy bank to go get one. Don't change a thing.

My suggestion if folks want all this other stuff is to go nuts with aftermarket goodies.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Concept vs. Production?

I believe it will be very-very close. I like it and would buy as is.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: awsure

How faithful do you think Dodge will prove their production car to the concept version?

I was looking at some posts over on the Allpar site & I cannot believe how WHINY some of these guys sound. They have an open letter thanking the lead designer & then go on to rattle off 50 changes they think would make it better. I want chrome, I want different guages, blah, blah, blah. I am not an expert but if they rolled this concept off the line AS IS then I am raiding the piggy bank to go get one. Don't change a thing.

My suggestion if folks want all this other stuff is to go nuts with aftermarket goodies.

Yes, I like this forum much more and I think we tend to be more mature and realistic.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Administrator

i want it to not cost 40 grand...[8D]

i have spoken to someone who works for DCX, and he told me that the design team was told "to make the concept as close to production as possible"..
Old 04-30-2006, 07:32 AM

as is..
Old 04-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

I agree I would like the Concept as is but would prefer a 6.4L engine.

I dont' want this to happen, but what I think will happen is:

1. They will change the size of the wheels to be smaller instead of 22'.

2. I think we will loose the hood scoops.

3. The wheel style will be different.

4. Door handles will be different

6. I think we will loose the carbon fiber strips and will be the more traditional black stripes.

7. The fancy rear lighting system.

8. Front LED six shooter lighting system to a more traditional lighting system.

9. They will put a gas cap on this one. LOL!

Again, I hope I am wrong on all accounts except the gas cap comment.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:37 PM

about 90% will make it into production and I hope it wont cost a lot. under 40k please
Old 04-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Administrator

i will be 100% AMAZED if they dont keep the hood...its one of their big selling points.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Here let rephrase what I meant to say about the hood scoopes.

They will probably keep the hood scoopes but it is possible they may be nonfunctional (looks only).

I certainly hope they will be functional because they look awesome....and your are right it is "one of their big selling points".
Old 05-01-2006, 06:53 AM

Don't think Carbon Fibre will make production (the entire concept was Carbon Fibre the things that look like stripes are just the Carbon Fibre clearcoated), way too costly but stripes for sure, and hood scoops maybe not the butter fly valves we see on the concept.

Quick Reply: Concept vs. Production?