Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie challenger fan!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie challenger fan!

Hi, checking in from gloomy Scotland UK! Im new to the forums so just saying hello
Any other people from UK on here? [8D]
Old 02-28-2008, 04:26 PM

Default RE: Newbie challenger fan!

Welcome. Don't suppose any new Challengers will be making it your way though, huh? Not through normal import channels anyway...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:18 AM

Cheers, actually there are a few american car importers over here that really earned off the retro mustang. People went crazy for them over here and theres always been big demand for things like Ram trucks and SUVS etc. There are so far around 5 american car importers who are advertising ordered stock. Seems a lot of them are asking about £45,000 on the road for the SRT8. Its a lot of cash!
I managed to get a nice Rumblebee hemi Ram through the american car owner clubs over here so once i have the cash saved im hopeful i will be able to get my hands on one lol! It will be a very rare car though thats for sure
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard! I love the dynamic of big audacious American Muscle cars juxtaposed to the minis and asian cars.

This is one of my favorite articles ever.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/f...bee/index.html

Old 02-29-2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks DamnSkippy,

I printed the article off so i can read it on my coffee break at work lol! I totally agree with you about the US cars compared to the small mundane euro wagons. When i used to drive my yellow rumblebee up the motorway (highway ) it felt like a tank on the road! People always wave and point and show lots of enthusiasm and genuine respect to the big american cars. I guess people can appreciate something different. Although you do get the obvious "wht miles per gallon do you get" questions from the guys with the diesel mobiles but i just tell them you can give yourself a million reasons not to buy one but hey, if it makes your life better then why not go for it!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:49 PM

Welcome to The CF!!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: koopa

Thanks DamnSkippy,

I printed the article off so i can read it on my coffee break at work lol! I totally agree with you about the US cars compared to the small mundane euro wagons. When i used to drive my yellow rumblebee up the motorway (highway ) it felt like a tank on the road! People always wave and point and show lots of enthusiasm and genuine respect to the big american cars. I guess people can appreciate something different. Although you do get the obvious "wht miles per gallon do you get" questions from the guys with the diesel mobiles but i just tell them you can give yourself a million reasons not to buy one but hey, if it makes your life better then why not go for it!
Welcome to the forum, you're a right thinking kind of guy.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:37 AM

thanks guys! Im having a good read around! Wow theres so much info here that i couldnt find elsewhere! Awesome site!!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

De nada Koopa, enjoy the forum and post pix when you see the first Challenger on that side of the water. Even though (or especially since) they're not selling them over there, I'd imagine some aspiring Car Show promoter would have the cleverness to feature one to act as a draw.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site, koopa! I think you are our first member from Scotland. We've had some from Holland, Australia, some middle eastern countries, and a few others that escape me right now, but we're more than happy to have you. I'm glad we have been helpful in getting you the information that you've been searching for. It's really interesting to hear how in countries like your's, cars that we see practically everyone drive is something unique. That certainly explains why people are willing to pay the extra price for an American car, when it is that rare and nothing else is a similar size. You must really like American cars when considering how expensive gas is in your country. If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Newbie challenger fan!