Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What was Your New Car Delivery Story?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile What was Your New Car Delivery Story?

I purchased my Challenger out-of-state and had it delivered to my house on December 13, 2008. I was speechless when the doors of the trailer opened and I saw my Hemi-orange SRT gleaming under the interior spotlights. I filmed the whole delivery process with my camcorder and almost dropped it in excitement when the delivery guy fired up the 6.1!!
Attached Thumbnails srt-delivery.jpg  
Old 01-23-2010, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm after waiting for 3 weeks for my first car to arrive at the dealership, it finally showed up, we went and did the walk around, signed everything off and rolled off the lot, 20mins later the car broke down.... it went downhill from there, however the positive side was when I picked up my 2010 she was ready to go, my dual exhaust swapped over, and home we drove, the new ca ran smooth on the highway, I opened her up a few times, but no breakdowns.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:58 PM

Mine is simple. Walked into dealer told them what I wanted, dickered over price, then wrote a big fat check.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 PM

Cool I had to have her.

I knew i wanted one the min i saw a rendering of the new
Challenger. When i saw the prototype at the Mopar Nationals
I had to have one .

Waited till the R/T because i had to have her in Stone White. Called around and no one in over 200 miles had one or could tell me if they were getting one.

I bug one dealership so much that they dealer traded around
and got two on there lot the one in the show room was loaded to the gills with stripe's and chrome clad 20's.

And around back not even cleaned up sat Vanish the salesman couldn't believe that after all that calling i wanted a plain white Challenger R/T like i ask for.

He said we cleaned up the one inside for you i said thanks but no thanks i know what i want.

Good thing they didn't order one for me because i didn't want all the extras.

My salesman was dumb as a box of rocks knew nothing at all
about the Challenger except it was a V8 with Ball's ......... YOU KNOW......wow i didn't insert sarcasm here he said that i was the easiest sale he ever had...... no sh1t! more Sarcasm i am still
thrilled with her best 32000 and change i ever spent.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:25 AM

The first time I actually saw a third-generation Challenger in real life was the day I went to the dealer to order mine, as they had one of the first two in San Antonio sitting on the showroom floor (someone already owned it, but had agreed to let the dealership display it from time to time). The first time I ever actually drove a third-generation Challenger was after mine arrived at the dealership and I went out to pick it up. Naturally, I had to take off right into the middle of rush-hour traffic and had to pull into a parking lot just down the street to adjust the headrest on the passenger seat so I could see out of the right side of the car. Still, it was great.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:24 PM

I had to go 220 miles. It was on Ebay with a red rope around it. Listed as 1st one in NW.
I think the hit counter was over 80000. The $60k starting bid had no takers. After a couple weeks I jokingly sent message to seller, "will you take sticker, I will pick up tomorrow?".
I then found 2 more @ sticker.
While going back and forth between these 2 dealers I never thought twice about the ebay message I had sent.
They reponded so did I.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5XkyA7YqQ0
Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Talking

I was like RoswellGrey, once I saw the prototype, I was hooked. I was the second person on "the list" at my dealership for the initial, limited number of SRTs, but I gave up my spot (and SRT) so I could order a Stone White R/T with the hood to fender stripes. I ordered it around June 13th 2008 and it was here just about the middle of September. My regular sales guy (really honest, good guy) called me on a Saturday on his private line and said "Hey, I'm not sure, but I think a car hauler may have delivered your car this afternoon after we closed." He was on his way to his kid's soccer game and thought he saw the car. My wife and I drove the 30 miles to the dealership that night and found it sitting there outside the prep bays. We stayed with my "beast" for an hour with me crawling all over it. I hated to leave, it was the first car in my life that ever came with a sticker that had my name printed on it. My sales guy drove in to the dealership the next day (Sunday) just so he could crawl all over it too! When I test drove it prior to taking it home on the following Tuesday, it literally stopped traffic everywhere we went. I still get excited when I look at it or drive it. Unfortunately, it has been garaged since November, so I'm anxious for Spring!