Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Dodge Challenger gets its drift on

Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger gets its drift on

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/11/v...-its-drift-on/
Old 04-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Default RE: Dodge Challenger gets its drift on

THAT was cool! [sm=gears.gif]

Gotta wonder if that car had a limited-slip - observe the first burnout - you don't see the rear wheel moving and the smoke is clearly coming from the other side of the car. Hopefully you won't have to upgrade to an SRT to get a limited-slip, I hope they at least offer it as an option on the R/T.

Otherwise, VERY cool. The addition of the Viper and Charger SRT8 was a nice touch - they should have done more with those.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:16 PM

Yes, I noted that single tire burn.... concerning.
ORIGINAL: Yankee

THAT was cool! [sm=gears.gif]

Gotta wonder if that car had a limited-slip - observe the first burnout - you don't see the rear wheel moving and the smoke is clearly coming from the other side of the car. Hopefully you won't have to upgrade to an SRT to get a limited-slip, I hope they at least offer it as an option on the R/T.

Otherwise, VERY cool. The addition of the Viper and Charger SRT8 was a nice touch - they should have done more with those.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Now I'll have take back everything Ive ever said about the silver challenger . Very nice.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

When the car shifted from clockwise to counterclockwise, I really like how balanced and smooth it shifter over....not a lot of body roll. Very nice!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:44 AM

I'm sorry, but "drifting" or its vile cousin, the "burnout," are the two STUPIDEST things ever done with cars. I never even heard of "drifting" till the late Dale Earnhardt (the NASCAR driver I hated the worst in the 1980s -- I was always a Bill Elliott fan, when NASCAR was still semi-realistic) started doing it to carve a cursive, lower-case "e" into the infield after he'd occasionally win a race). And "burnouts" used to be called "brake-stands" and were used ONLY when you were using something like a 440 Magnum with autotrans to go off the line in a race for MONEY. Why anybody would subject ANY sort of car to that abuse unnecessarily should have their license revoked immediately, because it's obvious they're too stupid to drive. OK. End of rant.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:25 AM

One word... Invest in Goodyear stock... well actually that's more than one word... but I'm sure you get my drift...
Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

RoswellGrey, while I know you don't like drifting, the one thing this technique does teach is how to recover a car if you lose control when hitting the breaks hard. I know, I know, the new break technology is supposed to take care of that but is doen't and having some good driving skills is always a good thing to prevent an accident.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I thought somebody posted my dream of me leaving the dealership That vid was just too cool. I love seeing wasted rubber all over the asphalt, its mindless but fun. No real point for sure, but thats why we do it... because we can We are guys... no real reason necessary.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:06 PM

THat challenger had to be a 5.7 car not a 6.1 and there should be some sorta rule about all v8s haveing a sure grip grip .I will have to see how well the 6.1 lanches or I will be changeing gears right away.I already plan some sort of upgrades I want at least 500 plus horse .I have drove several 500 shelbys are there a pretty fun car and easy to turn 600 hp .My shelby 350 is superchargerd and had a whole list of other things done and trust me 425 hp isnt enough .I dont abuse my cars but I do plan on enjoying them to the fullest .